Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking to get a header for my 2002 RSX-s.
What's the different between DC race 4-2-1 and DC 4-2-1 one-piece?
which one will increase more whp/hp?
Btw, I am using Buddy club spec III cat system; will it work perfectly with these two low-mid range headers?
Plz give me some suggestions. or there's better headers and not too expensive?
thank you!!
(Stanless-steel & Ceramic, which one is better? or it's just for look?)

·
Registered
679 Posts
If your gonna buy a header, buy a race header. I think the Dc race header is somewhere around 600 bucks. It looks like this.

Yes it will work with your buddy club exhaust.

·
Registered
187 Posts
imo DC headers dont do shit. I had a 4-1 DC and lost power. went back to stock within a 2 months.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I was thinking about to get a race header, but Race header is "off road."
How many of you are driving off road header without getting trouble from cups?
So I should get "Stainless-Steel" instead of "Ceramic?"

I won't get 4-1 because I need a low-mid range, so I am getting 4-2-1.

·
Registered
679 Posts
2.0LMustangEatr said:
imo DC headers dont do shit. I had a 4-1 DC and lost power. went back to stock within a 2 months.
You most likely bought a shorty header, those are a waste of money. :bh I can assure you my Dc RACE header, has done quite a lot for me, especially in the mid range.

There are no 4-1 headers for the rsx, so do worry about looking for a 4-2-1.

I would go with a Stainless Steel header, it will last longer.

·
Registered
187 Posts
APEXiTypeS said:
You most likely bought a shorty header, those are a waste of money. :bh I can assure you my Dc RACE header, has done quite a lot for me, especially in the mid range.

There are no 4-1 headers for the rsx, so do worry about looking for a 4-2-1.

I would go with a Stainless Steel header, it will last longer.
yeah you are right it was a short one.

·
Registered
679 Posts
AlTrOnX said:
but emmisions laws might be differnt in canada.
They may be different, but I doubt running with out a cat is legal. Its not really a question of being legal, its a question of enforcement.

Here in Florida, they could care less.

·
Registered
679 Posts
darkblue said:
Hey Apexi is your check engine light on since you have that racing header?
Nope, I disabled the code via K-pro. ;)

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
2.0LMustangEatr said:
well if you were looking for faster take-offs you should know 4-1 is really only for top end power and you could easily lose some low end power, but will more than make up for the lose in top end..

·
Registered
679 Posts
TOP END MS said:
well if you were looking for faster take-offs you should know 4-1 is really only for top end power and you could easily lose some low end power, but will more than make up for the lose in top end..
They don't make a 4-1 header for the rsx.

·
Registered
679 Posts
AlTrOnX said:
isnt the jackson racing race header better than tha dc race header?
Nope. The JR is the worst race header out there for the rsx. DC sports is by far the best for the money. If money isn't an issue, Id probably get Toda......It hasn't even been proven which header makes the most power though.

Comptech = Dc = Toda......pick one.

·
Registered
11,252 Posts
o ok, cause on another forum a lot of people had jackson racing headers, so i thought since a lot of people had them, it was good. Also i think the reason they got jackson racing was cause its for a base rsx. Which race header is best for the base?

·
Registered
679 Posts
AlTrOnX said:
o ok, cause on another forum a lot of people had jackson racing headers, so i thought since a lot of people had them, it was good. Also i think the reason they got jackson racing was cause its for a base rsx. Which race header is best for the base?
I know of one guy running a comptech race header on his base. I THINK you could run the type s race header on your base, and still make good power.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah Comptech, DC, Toda.
I like these 3 headers, but i am affraid my Check Engine light will be on.
(any solution I can solve the problem with Check Engine light's on?)

I called the local shops for the price of DC race header, and i am still waiting
because AEM and DC just merged. They told me it takes few days
for the part and price. :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
hsiaokang said:
So I should get "Stainless-Steel" instead of "Ceramic?"
Be sure and get stainless. Anything else, even if it is coated, will rust. Sometimes it will take years to rust, sometimes in could do it in a month.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
LoPeY said:
Be sure and get stainless. Anything else, even if it is coated, will rust. Sometimes it will take years to rust, sometimes in could do it in a month.
yea and if u do go stainless dont header wrap because it'll crack the header

1 - 20 of 24 Posts