Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 Si with a GSR swap, my question is it has the DC Sport RACE header. I am wondering would that be a problem in the engine bay as far as heat goes wires melting etc, they get extremely hot I also have a chrome valve cover and I know that also gets hot also... Off the subjuct does anyone know if Acura GSR front seats fit in a 90 CRX

·
Registered
582 Posts
you should be fine, I am not sure what they are made of, but you could (if there not steel) wrap them with an exhaust wrap. I had the OEM Prelude exhaust manifold on my car wraped and it made a nice differance when you open the hood. Temps where way down.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked up the headers and it says for race applications only so I'm wondering what would be the difference between the street version. As far as heat goes nothing has melted or anything I was just wondering. But could it be a potential broblem? And does anyone know if they sell a heat shield for cars with swaps or do they attach to the intake?

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
It says race only because they are not designed to be used with a cat, there for they are technically not legal for the street. That wouldn't stop me though, but you can be fined if they inspect your car and you don't have a cat on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts