Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Luders, I just picked up a DC SPort Short Shift Adaptor for my 97 Lude. You guys are going to freak out cause I got such a great price on it. $60 canadian which is about $38 US. Sweet eh? Anyhow, I have installed it but there seems to be a slight problem. I heard that you have to modify the centre console because the adaptor hits it when you try to shift into 5th gear. Does anyone have any links/pics of the modification? The last thing I want to do is destroy my centre console.

· Registered
12,727 Posts
97luder said:
Hey Luders, I just picked up a DC SPort Short Shift Adaptor for my 97 Lude. You guys are going to freak out cause I got such a great price on it. $60 canadian which is about $38 US. Sweet eh? Anyhow, I have installed it but there seems to be a slight problem. I heard that you have to modify the centre console because the adaptor hits it when you try to shift into 5th gear. Does anyone have any links/pics of the modification? The last thing I want to do is destroy my centre console.
I believe its just a piece under/by the shift boot. You need to cut it out a little for the adapter to fit there when its in 5th gear. I haven't done the instal but this is what I have heard from others. This is also unnoticable since its under the shift boot.

· Registered
166 Posts
its easy to do yourself. all you need is a dremel tool to "hack" the underside area, where it rubs against, out. you had to take that part off to attach the adapter, so just take it off again. when you have it off, turn it upside down, and cut out the peice of the console in a curved pattern (that way you won't destroy the whole console.

i hope this makes sense. there were pictures and very detailed instructions on this site a long while ago.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.