Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so i had two different models.....one for the accord's stock f23, and another for the h22 i swapped into the accord but had to modify the flanges to fit.

for the accord, the fit and finish was awesome. the quality was great and i didn't have any problems w/ the welds cracking or anything. the focus of this header as opposed to a 4-1 header was the streetability, which was attained by giving optimal gains in the midrange. when i first installed it, there was a weird smell that they emitted, but went away after a few days of driving.

now, i had to get a set for the h22. i was running the Hotshot 4-1 Header, but i needed something easier to run around with on the streets and of course legality issues here in california. well, i had so much torque being produced (and also revving past 10krpm), i developed leaks around the primaries as shown in these pics:

there were also other leaks developing near the downpipe. i've come to the conclusion that there are some good and bad batches coming out of DC Sports...i just happen to catch a bad one for the h22. overall, my experience w/ this brand is just so so. decent gains, street legal, yet kind of weak quality. my advice is to have a muffler shop touch up the welding if you plan on getting these headers.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
When I got mine, the peeps at DC had forgotten to add a new gasket... :( Lucikly the Honda OEM was in good shape and fit perfectly.

Finish is good on my DC header. It also quieted down my Thermal R&D catback.

·
Registered
870 Posts
i got mine and the bracket broke in 2 weeks i got a new header made ny megan racing for $85 and is the same size piping and same bends, the welds are even better. would never by any DC product ever agian!!! :bh

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the megan header sucks ass :td the garage i worked for did business w/ them before and i've seen their quality :noo. you probably got a header that wasn't made for your application (ie base vs sh prelude)

every person i've done a dc install for where the application was correct didn't have big problems w/ them....the worst case being where we'd just take the primaries to a muffler shop to touch up the welds

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:
When I got mine, the peeps at DC had forgotten to add a new gasket... :( Lucikly the Honda OEM was in good shape and fit perfectly.

uhh no header comes with a exhaust gasket.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
modify the collector and get gains you want :w00t. That's what Luder099 and I did, and i cant be happier with it, and its cheap to modify

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Shiba-Kun said:

I never got a gasket when I got mine for my old D16Y8 before too. Didn't know it was suppose to come with one.

·
Registered
123 Posts
UltraMagneticAL said:
...there were also other leaks developing near the downpipe. i've come to the conclusion that there are some good and bad batches coming out of DC Sports...i just happen to catch a bad one for the h22. overall, my experience w/ this brand is just so so. decent gains, street legal, yet kind of weak quality. my advice is to have a muffler shop touch up the welding if you plan on getting these headers.
welding will prevent leakings, correct?

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
BlackShLude said:
its not that guy is just stupid. you reuse your old one.
They usually don't come with one, but it's best to use a new one. My polished 4-2-1 on my f23a1 leaked using the stock gasket; if you use a new one, when you install it, the ridges compress to fit the space between your new header and the cyl head. So, I would say that guy isn't stupid at all. When I bought my hedman headers for my mustang they came with gaskets straight from hedman headers themselves.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
just wanted to post up and say that my DC 4-2-1 two piece has been running strong since Friday. I'm happy with it so far.

I wasn't expecting power gains but I'll be damned if the butt dyno isn't reporting a little more oomph. Maybe it's just the cold weather.

The main reason I got a header was because my OEM collector pipe was buzzing like a mofo; so it's nice to be able to sit at 3500 RPM without sounding like a marble in a tin-can. But the DC is far quiter than I expected, so that is an added bonus. Sounds better at WOT with Vtec and IAB engaged...all in all worth the $$.

We'll see how it holds up.

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
i had this header i felt a good gain mid range, and when i modified the collector to 2.25" i felt an even bigger difference

·
Registered
4 Posts
whats going on every one?

well i have a dc sport 4-2-1 one peace header, it works grate good ganes but at #4 port for the flange it had started to crack. i tryed to send it back under warrenty they said it was cool but they asked me for the warrenty card witch i did not have. when i had my motor swap done they never gave me the card so now i got stuck with a messed up header and dc sport was not going to do nothing about it with out the card. hopefly now it will hold up till i get the turbo set up done and put on the car.

and for buying another dc sport header ill have to see.

·
Registered
236 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.