Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, so i had two different models.....one for the accord's stock f23, and another for the h22 i swapped into the accord but had to modify the flanges to fit.

for the accord, the fit and finish was awesome. the quality was great and i didn't have any problems w/ the welds cracking or anything. the focus of this header as opposed to a 4-1 header was the streetability, which was attained by giving optimal gains in the midrange. when i first installed it, there was a weird smell that they emitted, but went away after a few days of driving.

now, i had to get a set for the h22. i was running the Hotshot 4-1 Header, but i needed something easier to run around with on the streets and of course legality issues here in california. well, i had so much torque being produced (and also revving past 10krpm), i developed leaks around the primaries as shown in these pics:

there were also other leaks developing near the downpipe. i've come to the conclusion that there are some good and bad batches coming out of DC Sports...i just happen to catch a bad one for the h22. overall, my experience w/ this brand is just so so. decent gains, street legal, yet kind of weak quality. my advice is to have a muffler shop touch up the welding if you plan on getting these headers.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the megan header sucks ass :td the garage i worked for did business w/ them before and i've seen their quality :noo. you probably got a header that wasn't made for your application (ie base vs sh prelude)

every person i've done a dc install for where the application was correct didn't have big problems w/ them....the worst case being where we'd just take the primaries to a muffler shop to touch up the welds

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
no...but they are one of the best street legal brands.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
check out the NA forum for our header recommendations

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.