·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ATISTANG... Your GF pick it up for you?:confused

I got through about an hour of the solo campaign as the character "Xian". Kinda like the personality of Takeo from Nazi Zombies, with the backstory of Chum Li from Street Fighter.:hehe

So far so good. Let me know when you want to try co-op. Hopefully Danman will have gotten his copy by then and we can have a full party (if you could actually splitscreen with the GF). :)

Edit: Forgot to mention... I'm at level 3. Just learning how to upgrade and modify weapons. I won't touch on the story since I don't want to give any spoilers out.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
Got it on PC playing Co-op with the GF over LAN. Reports are the internet online isn't working yet on console and PC.

It's pretty cool though, got a fully upgraded bat with nails in it.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got it on PC playing Co-op with the GF over LAN. Reports are the internet online isn't working yet on console and PC.

It's pretty cool though, got a fully upgraded bat with nails in it.
So that explains alot! I tried checking multiplayer and nobody was listed as being compatible for my character to team up with. It was really early in the morning (apx 6am), so I didn't think twice about it.

My character is better with edged weapons so I've only upgraded different knives and put some barbed wire around a paddle.

haven't found any firearms as of yet.:(

I think I'm up to level 10 or 11.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
13% of the way through the main quest.

Among my trophies I have the ones for: walking 10km, driving 20km, and getting melee kills with at least 10 different types of weapons.

So I think I have seen and done enough to have a general feel for the game.

I like it alot. It's not exactly a "zombie RPG", but more of a sandbox open world type of game. Combat, inventory, crafting, skill trees, etc. are all pretty simple. Even for a cruddy gamer like me they are easy enough to understand and navigate very quickly.

There's a few skill based quests. But even those are mostly looking for switches, stacking boxes, etc. Nothing too complicated.

I guess it sort of reminds me of somebody taking the shooting and looting of a game like Borderlands and mixing in the themes that made Resident Evil such a good series.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still playing it on a semi-regular basis. Up to chapter #5. I think I have 32% of the main quest completed.

I still haven't used Rage to my advantage. I keep forgetting about it during battle. I think I have maybe 5 Rage kills.:eek:

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ Yeah, I hear you. I was like that too. an hour here-n-there between sessions of Blops, etc. but I started picking up the pace this last weekend. Now I'm on chapter 8. Halfway through level 24 with 52% of the main quest finished.

I've started to: craft cutom weapons, find and begun to use firearms & explosives, the number of enemies and locations have become more varied... so it's become more then just slogging through the resort/beach areas of the map.

There are some cheap points to the game: I've been killed through walls, and doors. Respawned with multiple zombies within arms reach of me. Gotten stuck in corners of the map. The graphics are sometimes glitchy. But it's still fun and a pretty decent melding of: survival horror/loot-n-scoot/RPG genres.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finished the game with Xian. It took me 34 hours, although there was a ton of grinding for XP that added unnecessarily to that total.

I think I ended up with 70 of 72 locations discovered. I might have missed one section near Ope's arena and another in the Jungle zone.

I was OK. Not bad. Albeit, a lot of the graphical glitches started bothering me more as the game progressed. Seeing arms and legs sticking through doors, walls, rocks, etc. began to break the mood of the game the more I became aware of them.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
I'm not cool with it...so far. I'm on the "get gas" mission right now, so maybe I'm not far enough in. But I've been switching between it and SWAT 4, and the latter is better, IMO. When the zombies attack, its like a flailing melee; SWAT's like a "'precise' killing zone". I like that better.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Is that the mission where you need to visit two stations?

Lemme know if you need help and I can PM you a few hints or tips if need be.

BTW: If all else fails... use your truck to clear out the area of zombs. That's a "Shiba's Hot Tip" certified to work well all day, everyday LOLS.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts