Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having my girlfriend take in my car to the dealership for an oil change the clutch felt wierd on the drive home and would only engage when I put it to the floor. So I change the tranny fluid and fill the clutch resevoir. Then I tryto start my car after that and now it won't start. I replaced the ignition with a new coil which is a crane fireball PS91. Well that didn't fix my car.
So now I have it towed to the dealer to check out and he tells me that he can't find the problem until he replaces the ignition with a stock unit which will be almost $200. He can't do anything else. Then I ask him about the clutch and he says he can't do anything till the car starts.
What should I do? I don't want to replace the coil for nothing and then have to keep replacing crap untill the dealership finds the problem. :bh Know any good places in Temecula, CA I could take the car.

·
Registered
605 Posts
y dunt u take it to someone else? other people do work on imports other than dealerships.. is there still warranty on the car? im sure u can find someone to find the problem, and fix other than the dealership

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
mods void a lot of warranties...but the dealer could always try to use them as an excuse to not service the vehicle... check your personal specific warranty details regarding mods....but....

when modding a car you should always keep in mind the possible warranty ramifications before you put stuff on........

sorry dude.........

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
hobie237 said:
mods void a lot of warranties...but the dealer could always try to use them as an excuse to not service the vehicle... check your personal specific warranty details regarding mods....but....

when modding a car you should always keep in mind the possible warranty ramifications before you put stuff on........

sorry dude.........
STOP spreading false information. Read the link I provided.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
check your clutch line for leaks. if it wasnt disengaging until it hit the floor, it may have a leak, or the cylinder might be messed up. if the clutch doesnt disengage compleatly, most cars wont start

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The car is a 94 Vtec and I don't have any warranty. I am thinking about calling and talking to the manager and telling him the situation. I don't want to keep repairing/replacing parts that don't fix the problem.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where/what is the igniter?

Well the dealership called now and told me they swapped out my aftermarket ingition coil and got the car started. He later then mentioned that the replacements they were going to do, were the ignition coil($150-parts) and all brackets and the igniter($200-parts) plus $150 for installation.
What is the igniter? where is it located? I checked hondaautomotive parts online and they don't have a part called the igniter.
I feel like the dealership is trying to bend me over.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts