Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured since my brother owes me $300
ex wife owes me $490
Wal-Mart bonus $100-200
and I am hoping for $500 from tax returns

....that I will do something nice for my ride :cool:

It's lowered, wheels, exhaust, about to get a new upper grill and AEM c/a/i

..and I am now thinking HID conversion.

But, not sure if I should go with projectors or the stock housing?!?!

The $hitty thing is I have to make up my mind with what housings I am going with b4 buying the HID :(

I've heard a few horror stories about projectors beam patterns. But, then I don't know how I will feel having no high beam. This conversion is NOT legal correct?

What to do, what to do???

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
civperc said:
I saw you post that you're eventually gonna swap for an H22, save up towards that, or turbo. Ish, you've almost got 1500, keep saving up for one of those big mods.
Well, the enging now only has 44k on it. I really want to wait until I get out of school for the swap. By then the motor should be close to 100k.

...and I don't want to blow all that $$ on a mod. Don't get me worng, I would love to have the H22 :)
Just not a good time!

Thanks for the suggestion though.

·
Registered
288 Posts
if i am you save the money for later!

I have kinda stop moding my car! In case of something come up later! And by the amount that you say you going to get is not alot so. $1390-1490 that is not alot of HID kit (the good kind). So if i am you save up for something good on peform then show since you only have 106 Under the hood. with the mod you have max i think is 120-130 so SAVE UP! Maybe if we have another bad luck. Maybe another something like 911!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: if i am you save the money for later!

Silver97Civic said:
I have kinda stop moding my car! In case of something come up later! And by the amount that you say you going to get is not alot so. $1390-1490 that is not alot of HID kit (the good kind). So if i am you save up for something good on peform then show since you only have 106 Under the hood. with the mod you have max i think is 120-130 so SAVE UP! Maybe if we have another bad luck. Maybe another something like 911!

I must of missed something... I thought the HID kits most buy are like $400-500 :confused: I know they can get pricey, but $1,500 :eek:

·
Registered
806 Posts
don't waste your money on it. just save until you have enough for a swap. and if you save enough, you could even swap in a b18b or b18c and turbo that bitch.

·
Banned
638 Posts
Give me an e-mail I gotta Hook-up that has a hook-up that can get JDM Acura HID kits for $300 shipped to your door.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bertg16 said:
don't waste your money on it. just save until you have enough for a swap. and if you save enough, you could even swap in a b18b or b18c and turbo that bitch.
Nah, H22!
I want 300+ hp
Anyhow, I am fasinated with HID for some reason when it's on a Honda. I know it's f**kin' crazy since it's just lights. But, it looks so bad ass and makes me want to charge the kit when I see them in person :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
sup

I really don't care what u get but I would get something else besides some damn lights..buy some piaa or hybrid bulbs and roll out...buy something that u would really get something out of it..I know if I saw ur car I wounld'ntsay damn those hid's r sweet..but if u had a body kit or that h22 in there..Now thats sweet..but do what u like dude..holla back..

·
Registered
288 Posts
OOPS!

sorry people i type it wrong!
when i said $1390-1490 i mean that how much he has!
forget about what i said on that is not alot of HID kit (the good kind).

sorry :D :laughy:

·
Registered
175 Posts
To me it doesn't make sense to get HID's. I love em, don't get me wrong, but for all they cost, how much will YOU get to enjoy them? At least with other exterior mods you can see them when your're walking towards your car. Those need to be ON to enjoy them, and you'll be inside! I'd save, or buy something small for now to tide you over.

·
Registered
246 Posts
suggestion

Save a bit more and get a greddy turbo kit. i think i saw one for 1650. Pretty good price for being able to say "i have a turbocharged civic that runs 13's/14's all day on street tires." Maybe even smoking v-8's!

·
Registered
806 Posts
LX98Civic said:

Nah, H22!
I want 300+ hp
Anyhow, I am fasinated with HID for some reason when it's on a Honda. I know it's f**kin' crazy since it's just lights. But, it looks so bad ass and makes me want to charge the kit when I see them in person :)

you can get 300+ hp out of a b18c with a turbo. plus you don't sacrifice any drivability with that engine

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry if this offends yeah, but I just want to make sure....(though I do remember you from the old SH, but I wasnt on a lot back then.)

Has anyone done business with Rageagainstnate?

RageAgainstNate said:
Give me an e-mail I gotta Hook-up that has a hook-up that can get JDM Acura HID kits for $300 shipped to your door.

·
Registered
296 Posts
mhardy said:
i would turbo too.
oh wait, i did!
Wowwww...... Oh wait, you're a ***.

·
Registered
766 Posts
i wanna get HID myself....just not sure whether i should drop it into OEM housing or get projectors...havent seen any pics of OEM housing with HID...also from what i know d2s has 400 more lumens than d2r...in this case getting projectors actually makes sense
have fun
:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.