Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Which color for Valve Cover

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i'm steering clear from the Old RED, its been on the car for years and its time for something new and nobody does any of this yet i dont believe..well i'm sure one color at least but anyway

I'm goin for A new look on my integra, i have a jdm red type-r valve cover, which to me is played out..

White or Jun Yellow just pick one, i'm not doing any other colors but those two, cause i'm painting alot of stuff right now on the car..i'm painting my rs limited subzero's broze, their white now, and i'm goin to paint this valvecover today..so lemme know your thought s:p~

·
Registered
8,144 Posts
Umm, so you're the only one who has voted, and you voted white. So paint it, umm... WHITE :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually i'm wanting to paint it yellow :(

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
yeah, white looks aiight:

i know you said white or yellow, but i like this:

if you want to make it JUN, do the green too:

:tu

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cars, egg shell white, red acura emblems, and basically everything was red under the hood, but i changed all that..
i'm going yellow valvecover.. :p
i wanted to do white but i dunno..yellow seems better..i'll get som epics up.

·
Registered
153 Posts
IntegraXTR said:
yup, so that's red/silver, then i got the green hamp filter, etcetc. well, shit here's my bay:

a gang of colors haha
im feelin that engine bay man :)

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Verdict is in, i'm done painting it at work...
After cleaning it, i put 5 coats of VHT Black Wrinkle paint, i let it wrinlke/dry over night, and this morning before work, i did 8 Coats of VHT High gloss "JUN" Yellow..
After i scrapped the letters, using two razor blades and Xacto Knives, came out nice..really nice, then i sanded it down...letters are sooo purtttyy.. i put a slip over tape over the letters, and plugs and shit and did one final quick spray..I'm letting it sit in the company truck right now, which its roughly 135+ degs right now...
pics :)

I'll get one final money shot when i'm done.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finished.. :clap

TAD disappointed in the wrinlkes..they didn't really wrinlke like i wanted them too but overall i rate it a 8 out of 10.

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
not too bad, looks like mine...cept mine is smooth hehe.

crinkle is pretty cool, but i dunno, crinkle to me is black or red haha.

i love how smooth my valve cover is...it's glossy! =P

1 - 19 of 19 Posts