Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, im out on my shoes and I am about to get a loan around the sum of 5k. I have been really considering my options and the integra and prelude tec's seem to be out of the price range. I have found a few near the price but they seem to have too many miles. What I am thinking is maybe I can pick up a crx for 1k, put in a b16a, tran, axle, for around 2k. that would leave around 2k to do i/h/e and maybe wheels. I could then work on the int/ext of the car itself with money i earn from salary. Is it worth building a car from the ground up, or buying the most decent condition you can first? If anyone with experience can give me a plan or an opinion, that would be like, super. thanks.

my goals; fast, every other day driver(I drive a company truck so time in my personal car is limited), once a month racing(mostly drag).

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
You might have a hard time finding a crx in good shape. And if you do it will probably be more than a 1000 dollars. While youre looking you might want to consider a 92-95 civic. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
ctj121683 said:
You might have a hard time finding a crx in good shape. And if you do it will probably be more than a 1000 dollars. While youre looking you might want to consider a 92-95 civic. Just my 2 cents.

care to elaborate?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine was in near mint condition with 92k miles on it, and it cost me $2300 which isn't bad, but its more than you want to spend. You can pick up a decent one for cheap however, we have two others in our garage...one was a shell when we bought it, no interior at all, and the other we bought was in running condition, full interior, just needs a paint job. Those two only cost $400 a piece, and were both hf's. So they can be found, just hard to find.

·
Registered
790 Posts
what is so bad about getting a loan to mod a car? is it because your gonna want to get more cash to do more and end up in debt??

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Venom said:
what is so bad about getting a loan to mod a car? is it because your gonna want to get more cash to do more and end up in debt??

its because they can reposess it

·
Registered
790 Posts
what about if you take it out as a personal loan? then they wouldnt know what you did with the moeny. you could claim you used it for something else.:D

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
Venom said:
what about if you take it out as a personal loan? then they wouldnt know what you did with the moeny. you could claim you used it for something else.:D

they can still take items from you to mitigate their losses

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I grew up beeing taught that I should always try to do everything with my own earned money...

that way I will own what I buy... the only thing worth a loan is a house (those are just too expensive here in europe)...

So basically I don't even like the idea of getting a loan for a car... and this guy is talking about getting a loan for MODDING a car... maaannn.... that's just SO far off...

get a job, make money and don't spend it on BS... get a cheap car and go from there...

besides... it's a lot more fun doing everything one step at a time... I mean... get a million, buy an NSX, mod it through the roof, drive along a bit and then what? it will so kill the fun of it all...

·
Registered
9,111 Posts
b16a1 said:
I grew up beeing taught that I should always try to do everything with my own earned money...

that way I will own what I buy... the only thing worth a loan is a house (those are just too expensive here in europe)...

So basically I don't even like the idea of getting a loan for a car... and this guy is talking about getting a loan for MODDING a car... maaannn.... that's just SO far off...

get a job, make money and don't spend it on BS... get a cheap car and go from there...

besides... it's a lot more fun doing everything one step at a time... I mean... get a million, buy an NSX, mod it through the roof, drive along a bit and then what? it will so kill the fun of it all...

americans are stupid don't you think?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts