Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a JVC deck and my settings won't save(ex. sound, equalizer, radio stations, time, etc.). I have everything(that I know of) hooked up and all my settings disappear after I take my key out. I'm pretty much outta ideas at this point. I reset it as well and it still does it. Also, the little dash clock Del Sol's have was on before I started checkin the wires today, and now it's off, so idk what happened with that either. Any and all ideas welcome. Thanks. :)

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Cd Players have one ignition wire and one power wire. Ive seen some people wire both into ignition, while this works, it wont have the constant power to maintain settings.

Double check your wiring and make sure they are hooked correctly. Yellow is power and red is for the ignition.

The clock, I have no idea why that would shut off. Fuses could be checked though, no harm in that.

· Registered
496 Posts
this happened with my deck, you may have to run a straight wire (might want a fuse in-line) from the constant power wire coming from your deck right to your battery.

· Registered
2,231 Posts
I'll have to look at it tommorow in the light, but I think my yellow wire is going to my battery. But yea, do both go to the battery or just one?
just one, the other goes to a switched source (ACC) like when you turn your key it gets voltage. The switched source tells when the stereo can be on (like when you turn the key to the first position) The 2nd power is for the memory backup (straight to battery(never loses voltage)).

· Registered
1,174 Posts
Yup, just one. It's good you didn't do it the other way and have both wired to the battery, then it would stay on all the time. The remote wire usually has a little tag coming off of it that says "REM" but sometimes it doesn't. Check the manual for the radio too, it will tell you what every color wire on the back needs to go to.

· Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The deck manual didn't tell me what every wire needs to go to, but the red and yellow wire are spliced together coming off the deck, and then were spliced with a single yellow wire with a red stripe gooing into the cars harness. Any ideas on what to do now?

· Registered
47 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my deck, long story short I had to hardwire it without the stock harness and I was unsuccessful. I took it to bestbuy and he tested the wires and shit and I had burnt out the wires running to the fuse box. he replaced those, finished the hardwire for me and my deck and clock work normal now, except that my cigarette lighter only works when the car is on, not sure what that is about, I saw it on here somewhere but I didnt really care enough to look into it.

· Registered
2,231 Posts
This should help. Most stereos are universal in the color scheme.

And match it up to the harness on the car:

In this case, from the stereo yellow to the car harness's white/blue and the Red from the stereo would go to the harness yellow/red wire. Black is universal for ground.

· Registered
86 Posts
POWER UP...LOL

I have a JVC deck and my settings won't save(ex. sound, equalizer, radio stations, time, etc.). I have everything(that I know of) hooked up and all my settings disappear after I take my key out. I'm pretty much outta ideas at this point. I reset it as well and it still does it. Also, the little dash clock Del Sol's have was on before I started checkin the wires today, and now it's off, so idk what happened with that either. Any and all ideas welcome. Thanks. :)
LOL bro...didn't you have the problem with starting once, could that in any way be affecting the power to your car...I dunno, just realised it cuz that was the day someone throught I was a sales person on a forum trying to promote products.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.