Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey first of all i just got this 94 del sol Si (D16Z6), but i was wondering if could swap springs from a 97 civic coupe with neuspeed sport spring, cause i wanna save some money, if not what kind of springs are good from a del sol

·
Registered
154 Posts
i've got neuspeed sports on my sol and the only bitch i've got about them is that they seemed to have worn/settled funny so it looks like my car is a little lower on the driver's side. i'm not sure if this is for real or just a visual quirk. But right now, i've still got the worn out OEM stock struts on there so that might be the reason (should be recieving Tokico Blues next week!!!).

btw, lowering your car won't just cost you the price of the springs (i'm not trying to be a smartass, i just don't know if you're aware. I was a little naieve...).

1.You'll wear you stock struts out alot quicker (especially struts that have been around since '94). Get ready to spend $$$ on new ones. If you've got older struts anyways you might as well get them at the same time so they can be installed together. Cost ~$275-$500 depending on the brand.

2. you'll screw around with your camber . Go ahead and get an ingalls camber kit for the front so you can install it at the same time as the springs to prevent premature tire wear due to negative camber. Cost $125

3. If you don't do the work yourself, which i don't recommend unless you've got experience with this and have access to a spring compressor (dangerous in inexperienced hands), you're going to pay a buttload of money in mechanic's time. It takes about 45 minutes per wheel... Cost ~$200-$300 depending on the hourly rate. Double that if you do the struts later on.

As for the original questions, check out the neuspeed website for the part numbers and/or contact them directly. btw, if they're more than $100 tell your friend to keep them. you can get them new for $129+$15s/h from www.aieonline.com

i know these points fall under the category of "DUH !" but i didn't think about them ahead of time (all i wanted was a lower car and less fender gap) and it's costing me a firstborn child. I thought someone out there might benefit from my dumbassed mistakes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts