Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
have a 93 del sol.. they didnt have v tec
SLIGHT correction..the 93 del sol didn't have DOHC V TEC however they did have the Si which came with the SOHC V TEC engine...although the valve covers didn't say "Honda Vtec" until 94...but u can still see the Vtec sollanoid (sp?) that the 94's have etc...but the DOHC didnt come in until 1995 ( i think )

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
vtec for me is more noticeable in 1st-3rd gears...4th and 5th I don't really feel it too much, but I think it's just bc the poor little motor has been beat all to hell...I bought the car from a friend and when I got it the front end was all jacked up and the motor didn't run as strong as my last sol (with the d16z6)...but the sol is going to undergo triplebypass surgery this weekend, it's getting a new heart :mwaha so vtec will really be kickin for me in the weeks to come :evil

·
Registered
267 Posts
solsykness said:
vtec for me is more noticeable in 1st-3rd gears...4th and 5th I don't really feel it too much, but I think it's just bc the poor little motor has been beat all to hell...I bought the car from a friend and when I got it the front end was all jacked up and the motor didn't run as strong as my last sol (with the d16z6)...but the sol is going to undergo triplebypass surgery this weekend, it's getting a new heart :mwaha so vtec will really be kickin for me in the weeks to come :evil
Yeah, I have the same problem at 140k miles on the engine, its weird though, I get more of a kick out of the vtec, when I'm running the A/C, :D

·
Registered
5,789 Posts
to be honest with you, I don't even know how many miles are on my motor...my buddy doesn't remember the actual mileage of the car when he swapped the newer (still kind of old) motor...he said to subtract about 30k which would put me at about 140k miles...but when my a/c is on I can feel a major loss in power...that's why when I am trying to gun it I turn off the a/c :D I've driven a '00 SI and I wasn't too impressed with it, but I am hoping that having the b16a2 in the sol will be a much better drive...it should be anyway, I already enjoy it as it is...del sol's are pimp!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Depending on what gas you use you can feel a difference

my mom's 97 Accord which she runs regular gas in, is a dog and i put high test (93 around VA) in it one day when i was driving it when it was almost empty and after it got to the motor i could feel a difference in the ***** engagement.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was able to clock a 15.4 in my stock VTEC sol but it was 90 degrees out and i wasn't able to launch high enough to not bog down the engine once i got traction. On a cooler day i could have hit a 15.0-15.1 easy.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.