Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
its a pcd (performance chip direct) performance chip stage 1 for 80 $. think i'll get much out of it?
no chips don't do anything for your car. you have a stock del-sol. chips will only screw up your ecu. delsols come with more than one type of motor. how the hell are they gonna make a chassis specific chip? they're a scam. learn about your car before you mod it

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
so your saying its not gonna do a thing? hmmm...
it'll so something alright. make your car run like crap. if you want any type of performance from an ecu, you have to get a tune. not a bs ebay chip. those chips just lie to your ecu and tell it to dump fuel.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Chips are a friggin scam

Only way to get power is from modifying the motor and tuning for it. All those chips do is "trick" some sensors, like the temp sensors, to make the ecu think the motor is colder, hence increasing the fuel flow. But the honda ecu is smart enough to say" fuck you sensor its not that cold" and then ignores it.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
chips ftl

hardees western bacon ftw

· Registered
10,346 Posts
lolz "not recommended to eat" :lol

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
increased rich condition from those chips will cause a power loss, premature o2 sensor failure, fouled plugs, and premature cat failure which result in an unreliable even slower grocery getter that's horrible on gas

· Registered
478 Posts
One more vote of don't touch the ECU unless your car is heavily modified and you want to pay for a full dyno tune.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
One more vote of don't touch the ECU unless your car is heavily modified and you want to pay for a full dyno tune.
no. i/h/e and cams warrant an ecu reflash/tune and that's not heavily modded. and dyno tunes are overrated. a street afr tune will suffice for most street cars not making crazy power

· Registered
478 Posts
I view internal geometry changes like a cam to be a heavy modification of how the engine was intended to operate. You could sleeve the block and put forged pistons and rods in but if you keep to the same CR and bore then you don't need to mess with the pcm. (mind you unless you are doing some other changes that was a waste of time)

Anything that changes your CR or head airflow will warrant a tune but I wouldn't bother with just an IHE.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
I view internal geometry changes like a cam to be a heavy modification of how the engine was intended to operate. You could sleeve the block and put forged pistons and rods in but if you keep to the same CR and bore then you don't need to mess with the pcm. (mind you unless you are doing some other changes that was a waste of time)

Anything that changes your CR or head airflow will warrant a tune but I wouldn't bother with just an IHE.
doing just cams isn't heavy modding depends on the type of cam. a drop in stage 1 cam form skunk2 isn't heavy modding. now if you did full head work like porting, valves, retainers, springs etc. that's heavy modding

and for a honda to utilize any mods you need to tune it. it run's off of a map sensor. to take advantage of any real mods such as i/h/e. if you have a b-series motor and do i/h/e you won't see any real gains. maybe 10 whp. if you tuned the car for those mods you could broaden your power band and pick up near 18whp with quality mods. and who puts forged pistons in to stay at the stock CR? you either go up or down. you don't waste your time putting sleeves in to stay at 9.5:1 CR. you'd either go to 8.5:1-9:1 for boost or go towards 11:5:1-12:1 for an n/a build. entry level cams are not a heavy mod. it takes 1.5 hours to install them properly and you can drive the car right after.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.