Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
i would never buy a already tunned car realy... because i want to do all the stuff to it my self... and the dude probly dogged the thing to hell

you should test drive it and check out everything! i mean everything you can think of!!! i would be scared to buy a engine swapped car thoe... but ima noob wait for other opinions

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
very clean, i would test drive it, and drive it hard to see how everything feels first

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
so is it a b16 or a gsr or a h22? whichever one, its hard to believe an all motor del sol with just intake and cams(it says skunk2 and gsr wtf?) and a stg3 clutch kit can run low 13s.

2000 SI B16 DEL SOL H22 TYPE R HONDA SPOON VTEC

so which engine is it? i see 4:
h22,b18c1,b18c5,b16a2..

other than ported TB and IM, there arent any other mods besides cams/intake. ask him to show you that slip. i dont believe him. either way, it looks ok and that price for that mileage and condition seems legitimate, but before you take my word for it, let the car tell you. test drive it just like timtim123 said. take it to the highway and cruise, let it get warm, run it in traffic, run it hard some..just like you would if you owned it and see if there are any problems.

one other thing-its obvious that he has raced the shit out of it if hes bragging on track times.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
flyingtoaster said:
Check the bluebook. Modifications, even swaps, don't add any value to the car.
swaps mean less mileage usually..=more value.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
ksniperfox said:
swaps mean less mileage usually..=more value.
that doesn't mean shit...you go by the overall mileage of the car itself...the chassis homie ;) that's the true mileage...swaps don't add much value to the vehicle...I mean yeah, it's a better motor than what was in there to begin with, but it's not going to add a lot more money to it...ya know?

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
crucifudge said:
for racing, normal bumpers are like a big parachute on the back of the car, for racing they cut holes so there is less air resistance at high speeds
sorry to be off topic but i dont understand..but why dont they just take the bumper completely off? :confused

·
Registered
485 Posts
id personaly say get it down to 6 and its reasonable but can u honestly say that a modded car has not been driven hard...i mean thats the reason people mod besides for fun its really to give you more rompin power

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
crucifudge said:
thats illegal for street use, and most classes in drag racing require the rear bumper.
w3rd. i drove without my front bumper for like 3 weeks until i decided to cut it cause the fmic was too big..no pullovers cause of it. lot of heas turned though :hehe :ninja

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.