Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably not a whole lot more. Really what I wanted to know most is would you guys trust that engine and what should I look for when I go look at it. Also, I talked to the guy and he said that there is a small idle problem but he said it was like a 70 dollar fix...like a pcv valve or something. Don't really remember.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Decided against it

Well...after driving 500+ miles in order to take a look at this car, I have decided against this del sol. I offered 7250 and the owner accepted, but after driving it and seeing it I really felt I had wasted my time! Let me just say this I have lost a lot of respect for JDM engines and body kits!

· Registered
61 Posts
Re: Decided against it

delsol1995si said:
Well...after driving 500+ miles in order to take a look at this car, I have decided against this del sol. I offered 7250 and the owner accepted, but after driving it and seeing it I really felt I had wasted my time! Let me just say this I have lost a lot of respect for JDM engines and body kits!
why? :(

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where do i start?

The bodykit and z3 fenders(you could see the blue aerogear gel coat through the black) were poorly painted. Everytime I hit a bump, the entire bodykit would rattle, making the car sound like it was falling apart. Bondo was used to fill gaps from the bodykit. The engine had a very rough idle, it burned oil, the lower radiator hose was leaking, the car didn't want to take off in first gear....you had to give it a lot of gas or it would really stutter. The interior looked very trashy compared to mine(maybe cuz my car has 100,000 miles less, the engine only had 30,000 or so). The windows were very slow to roll down. I don't know what else to say about it. It all could probably be fixed for 3000 dollars. But, I don't think it was worth messing with! I am guessing the engine would have need to be replaced very shortly(oh yeah the wiring job looked very homemade, crimped together everywhere....and on and on). Any other questions, haha.

· Registered
3,089 Posts
Back to car shopping!!

Hehe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.