Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, just purchased a Del Sol S with 1.5 SOHC. I want to get a little more out of the engine w/out doing a swap at this moment. The vehicle already has a vibrant cold/air intake and a Remus exhaust cat-back. Does anyone make a 4-2-1 header for the 1.5L engine and is it worth my time/money. Any other suggestions to get a little more out of my engine without sacrificing reliability would be welcomed.

Thanks,
Danny
[email protected]

·
Registered
644 Posts
If you are seriosly thinking swap don't waste the time and $ on modding the 1.5 at all. Spend the $ on suspension and brake upgrades. If you know you will be keeping the 1.5 for a while get a Si/EX tranny, D16Z6 Intake manifold, 60mm B series throttle body, CRX Si cam & adjustable cam gear, chipped ECU (higher rev limit and little better curve for the cam), all in that order of precedence.

You can get any D series header, most say SOHC or SOHC VTEC, they all fit. The tranny will make a bigger difference than other bolt ons though, so think about getting it if you will have the 1.5 very long.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
solblu said:
If you are seriosly thinking swap don't waste the time and $ on modding the 1.5 at all. Spend the $ on suspension and brake upgrades. If you know you will be keeping the 1.5 for a while get a Si/EX tranny, D16Z6 Intake manifold, 60mm B series throttle body, CRX Si cam & adjustable cam gear, chipped ECU (higher rev limit and little better curve for the cam), all in that order of precedence.

You can get any D series header, most say SOHC or SOHC VTEC, they all fit. The tranny will make a bigger difference than other bolt ons though, so think about getting it if you will have the 1.5 very long.

yeah man... why dump money into a motor ur gonna throw out???? you WILL NOT get your money back out of the mods if you swap, so before you spend, figure out exactly what you plan to do with the car (realistically)

you can work the existing motor for some serious juice or swap for even more serious, but decide what you are going to do before you get yourself into a money pit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts