Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys my del sol is like dead.car isn't pushing at all it's like something is in it's way and don't let it push.vtec is opening but it is really slow.also slow at low rev and mostly slow in general.Before two months or so it was much better.Although i had a heating issue on highway only,after changing everything,fan switch,thermostat,i had the same problem and finally it turned out that i needed a new radiator so after changing it the heating issue was gone.now before a month or so it was time to change timing belt/water bump/alternator belt and all the timing belt related etc.after that car seemed to run fine except i could hear a low noise when i was accelerating,like the engine was older if you know what i mean.The mechanic said it was due to the new tight timing belt and i think i had a slight power loss also,not so much that i didn't pay attention.so now after about a month car is like dead the performance is Sh**t.Also after warm up when on traffic lights some times my idle is going up and down from 1000rpm to 1500rpm.i removed my map sensor and the car died so i guess it works fine.when i remove the tps sensor the check engine light comes on so again it seems like it's fine.I had never got any check engine light on my dash.I checked the catalytic converter and it's fine,i even tested with a test pipe and got same results so it's not due to a catalytic converter.Am reading about compression test and check the timing again.DO you have any ideas?Could a timing belt on a wrong position work good for a while and then get worse? i have also changed my spark plugs to new MSD,changed the distributor rotor with a new one,changed the spark plugs,put a buddy club ground kit..And still the same..

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts