Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I just bought 1993 del sol with SOHC 1.6 VTEC engine..
I'll post pictures later.. body still needs new paint job, new bumpers etc.. but before i go for this I want to install turbo kit.

Is this safe on this engine? Ok I don't know a lot about turbo installation..
I saw some turbo kits on ebay and would like to know what you think:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/D15-...ewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ8050982072QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/HONDA-CIVIC-DEL...050966517QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If I buy one of this kits, do I need to do other modificaions to the engine? Or I just put it and it'll work fine?

Sorry for my bad english btw.. I'm from Republic of Georgia.

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
davidgeo said:
Hello guys,

I just bought 1993 del sol with SOHC 1.6 VTEC engine..
I'll post pictures later.. body still needs new paint job, new bumpers etc.. but before i go for this I want to install turbo kit.

Is this safe on this engine? Ok I don't know a lot about turbo installation..
I saw some turbo kits on ebay and would like to know what you think:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/D15-...ewItemQQcategoryZ33742QQitemZ8050982072QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/HONDA-CIVIC-DEL...050966517QQcategoryZ33742QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If I buy one of this kits, do I need to do other modificaions to the engine? Or I just put it and it'll work fine?

Sorry for my bad english btw.. I'm from Republic of Georgia.
how many miles are on the motor? if there are too many, you might want to do a rebuild first, with turbo friendly accessories...ie: forged internals to handle more boost and what not...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
solsykness said:
how many miles are on the motor? if there are too many, you might want to do a rebuild first, with turbo friendly accessories...ie: forged internals to handle more boost and what not...
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.. It has 160,000.00 miles but I have rebuild motor. I have new head with new valves..

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
well if it has already been rebuilt then yeah I guess you could get yourself a little starter kit and slap it on...just make sure it gets tuned properly, and that you don't try to boost more than the motor can handle...you don't want to end up rebuilding your motor again! it's very costly to correct mistakes with fi (forced induction).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
solsykness said:
well if it has already been rebuilt then yeah I guess you could get yourself a little starter kit and slap it on...just make sure it gets tuned properly, and that you don't try to boost more than the motor can handle...you don't want to end up rebuilding your motor again! it's very costly to correct mistakes with fi (forced induction).
Thanks!

How much PSI can I run on stock motor? I think 6-8PSI right?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
as long as its not made by ss autochrome and yeah that sounds good on a stock motor

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
timtim123 said:
as long as its not made by ss autochrome and yeah that sounds good on a stock motor
those kits hardly come with all the parts you need. i wouldnt touch them. only wishing people read stickies. :idiots

·
Registered
268 Posts
stick to name brand stuff when your dealing with something serious like a turbo.....dont buy cheap shit

·
Registered
485 Posts
i was gonna go ebay turbo but i decided that i wanted to pay the extra cash if i did it...ebay parts are the cheapest i mean sure it should work but your prolly not gonna like your setup i doubt those would even produce much boost....good luck on your decision

·
Registered
5,788 Posts
yeah I'd say 8psi max, but with a really AMAZING tune you could push a little more...I've heard of gsr motors pushing over 300whp completely stock...that's pretty amazing if you ask me, but you can't think that the motor would last too long making that much power on stock internals...but it should be alright for a little while.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
its all in tuning man, if not tuned right you could blow your motor up on 3psi...but if tuned great you could prolly get away with 8-10psi and make around 200whp but that would really be pushing your luck on stock internals.

as far as those kits go...i wouldnt do it, just shop around for used name brand stuff and look for deals.

good luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts