Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
could a del sol si with mods, stick shift beat a camarro v8 with no mods and is an auto-matic?....he thinks all imports suck and yet he thinks driving an auto matic makes him cool

mods for the sol are

exhaust
intake
headers
ngk wires/spark plugs
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,112 Posts
maybe with a 75 shot and some REALLY good driving skills. Get him off the line, and as soon as you pass him, get in front of him :):p


Other wise, you gots no chance against a V8.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
535 Posts
No chance, without some serious help (forced induction of some kind). Though maybe if it was an older 80s Camaro you could hope to have a chance. But from 93 on up, no chance.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
815 Posts
Last summer I would always get spanked by the Z's with my old set-up(D16Z6,RACTIVE header,weponR cold air,Tanabe racing medllion cat back,Magnacore wire's,ZEX plugs,ZEX 75shot)but I beat a couple though.With that simple Nitrous set-up I was able to beat newer Z28's about 30% of the time,also depending on the diver,what shape the Z was in too.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
4,607 Posts
not as a general fixture. but i rmbr when i saw a nice looking red sol at some street racing race an iroc with a few mods and no interior and the sol kicked its ass each time. the sol was lightly modified with some type r goodies. it looked very nice. usdm type r gunmetal wheels, a candy red body, a simple looking kit.
and get this.......the driver was a girl :)
when she raced a heavily modded z28 for some reason she wanted to she was blown away terribley lol
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,896 Posts
even though it is an automatic, its torque will give him a decent launch if he break torques..even if he doesn't break torque he'll get u off the line and down the line with ur mods...he has more than 3 times the displacement for a reason =)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
148 Posts
jmcn R said:
not as a general fixture. but i rmbr when i saw a nice looking red sol at some street racing race an iroc with a few mods and no interior and the sol kicked its ass each time. the sol was lightly modified with some type r goodies. it looked very nice. usdm type r gunmetal wheels, a candy red body, a simple looking kit.
and get this.......the driver was a girl :)
when she raced a heavily modded z28 for some reason she wanted to she was blown away terribley lol
i love girls who race
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,923 Posts
delsol4life said:
could a del sol si with mods, stick shift beat a camarro v8 with no mods and is an auto-matic?....he thinks all imports suck and yet he thinks driving an auto matic makes him cool

mods for the sol are

exhaust
intake
headers
ngk wires/spark plugs
The Z28 will blow you away, even with an auto.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
Well here are some simple tricks i use when i race a car that i have no chance in beating.

This is a careful and perfectly timed and situated procedure, so you better know what youre doin.

1)at the stop light, before your ligt turns green Honk your horn or stick you middle finger up so the driver doesnt pay attention to the light.

2)even if the car is a z28 you got like maybe a 1 second head start.

3) as soon as your in front of the car turn on your hazards. So it seems like you spanked him.

4) have your friend in the behind car and take a picture of you in front of the z28 with ur hazards on.

5)As soon as you hear his car catching up to yours, then just turn off into the gas station or grocery store and just play it off!

6)Now you have a picture of a race that you won with!

Hope this procedure helps!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
580 Posts
LudeAction said:
with nos u might hang with a 93-97 but 98up have 345 hp.. good luck and post a vid?
True that.

Del_Whoa said:
Well here are some simple tricks i use when i race a car that i have no chance in beating.

This is a careful and perfectly timed and situated procedure, so you better know what youre doin.

1)at the stop light, before your ligt turns green Honk your horn or stick you middle finger up so the driver doesnt pay attention to the light.

2)even if the car is a z28 you got like maybe a 1 second head start.

3) as soon as your in front of the car turn on your hazards. So it seems like you spanked him.

4) have your friend in the behind car and take a picture of you in front of the z28 with ur hazards on.

5)As soon as you hear his car catching up to yours, then just turn off into the gas station or grocery store and just play it off!

6)Now you have a picture of a race that you won with!

Hope this procedure helps!
Or stuff and H22 and a Turbo in there...and then we'll see...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
You can do it I know I have a teg but a buddy of mine has a 94 sol si and he keeps up with my other friend in a 90 gs teg and ive seen the teg take transam v8 autos. when i first bought my teg i bet a i roc z and z28 both stick no mods to my cars or any of the camaros. I believe it would be close. if you race tape it so i can see. ( i just bet a stealth r/t with 30psi):D :cool:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,923 Posts
Re: ...

del2slow said:
wtf are you talking about. Old z28s are pieces. Slow as all hell. Maybe you need to do some research buddy, it's you that doesn't have a clue.
My friend has an '80's?, (possibly a '79), Camaro that would
probably SMOKE any Honda here, (without SERIOUS upgrades),
and I don't think it's even a Z28. Here's a pic:

That fucker will "smoke 'um", even when you're trying to avoid
it. It's got some bad Mojo :D.
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top