Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will it fit? i want it for the 8000 rpm redline into a 95 civic dx coupe, theres no tach in it and its gonna gte B16ed in the future

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
727 Posts
sure, anything can be done with time, talent, and imagination... make sure you have a good amount of african engineering. Cuz it's not a direct bolt up.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Basically, no it won't fit. You'll have to get like an ex or si cluster for your year and that would work fine, but the del sol's cluster is shaped completely differently. And why would he need african engineering?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well. can if an EX cluster fits perfectly, could i take out the factory tach face and get a custom one made with the redline at 8000 rpm, or could i get sum aftermarket NR custom guage faces withan 8000 rpm redline , (i really reall really dont want an aftermarket tach).

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
So why must it be an 8000 redline thing, and it would be easier just to get an aftermarket one, though not as cool, it works.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
an aftermarket tach is probably going to be more accurate than the stock oem tach. i've heard (and read) reports on how the stock tach can be off from 200-1000rpm when compared to an autometer.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
my frined have one of those big ass tachs, they are gay, its to damn big looks ghetto, and sumone will probobly gank it, i dont mind if its off a little, i basically want an OEM look, not a dinner plate with numbers and a needle, and im sure honda tachs arent off as much 300 and up off of calibration, and if it is, u can always get the calibration changed to be as accurate as autometer.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
aftermarket tachs don't have to be huge, bulky and ugly, since they come in different sizes and styles. for instance, i saw some sweet f'n vdo gauges on a porsche the other day (well about a year ago) and they were aftermarket and not big at all.. they actually looked kinda classy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts