Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i hear a grinding noise when im reversing and a little when im driving forward. the sound is comming from the rear but i still think its my tranny, annybody ever had this problem
thanks
btw its not a wheel bearring

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Only thing i can think of would be the brakes... are your pads worn down or rotors grooved at all? otherwise maybe a front axle thats bad if your not possitive its comming from the back, who knows, just some ideas i guess :confused

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
axles can make a ticking noise not a grinding noise i guess.
i think its my tranny but i dont know what part. it depends on vehicle speed not on rpm. and its verry noticeable when reversing and just a little when im driving forward.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yup manual. tried the flushing thing no results.
not that i expected any cause its prob. a bearing thats gone. but i just cant figure out which one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
didnt think it was low on oil. just a honda fuckup i guess but i dont know what bearing. it aint a wheel bearing

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
once i got a grinding from the trunk area, but when i hit the brakes, the noise seemed to stop. after checking closely I found I had 2 loose lug nuts which was makin the tire wobble.

·
Registered
707 Posts
You say you hear a noise from the rear but you think its the tranny? Does that NOT make sense to anyone else? And if it depends on vehicle speed and not rpm then it wouldnt be your tranny.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts