Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tomorrow im going to the dentists for some fillings. The only thing i hate is going to the dentists office. I dont mind the drilling as much as i hate that novacaine shot in the mouth. Any ideas on how to make me less nervous before i go? I know it sounds weaksauce but hey, nobody likes getting injections in the face.

Id make a terrible heroin addict. :eek:

Any constructive help is welcome.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jon said:
get really stoned before you go in, you wont care much

:lmao i was about to write "no stoner answers" but i figured i could use the laugh.

i fucking hate that shit though. mostly the damn needle. do they like putting people in pain? i mean fuck.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
I have had some major fillings done with out novicane you just have to man it up and take the pain with out it. Its really not that bad with out the pain killer you just have to remember it wont hurt long. (last time i had 3 big cavities filled and only like 300 bucks in my bank account and the bill would have been over the 300 if I had novicane lol so i opted out of the pain killer).

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
accord dude said:
I have had some major fillings done with out novicane you just have to man it up and take the pain with out it. Its really not that bad with out the pain killer you just have to remember it wont hurt long. (last time i had 3 big cavities filled and only like 300 bucks in my bank account and the bill would have been over the 300 if I had novicane lol so i opted out of the pain killer).

hah thats sweet. lol, i dont think i could do it without the novacaine. i mean its kinda funny. i dont want to go through the pain of drilling w/o painkiller but i dont wasnt the fucking shot. i dont mind the drilling the buzzing is kinda cool. once im done with the shot ill be golden. is it true they put a gel in your mouth first to numb the area, then give the shot?

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
UnseenShadow said:
my teeth are prefect... 0 cavities

dont whore my thread bitch. ill cut ur foot off and make you eat it.

·
Registered
17,589 Posts
94REDeg said:
I hate the shots in the mouth and I hate that crap they put over your nose and make you breath in..
dude i love that.

every time i go i try to get them to give me the shot. Ill tell em it hurts even when it doesnt. and they give me the shot. they probably think im a pussy, but i really like the shot. they only gave me NOS once, when i got my wisdom teeth out, that was fun, i dont remember much for a hour or so, but i know i had fun.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
You've never been to the dentist office have you? I hate needles too, especially in the mouth but it's really nothing. Just keep yourself from flipping out, try to stay calm. When I had my wisdom teeth taken out I had to have 13 needles. That sucked pretty bad, plus I didn't get nitrous so I was fully concious listening to the bones crack and pop as they wiggled the teeth out. You get used to the needles though, I also had 2 cavities filled the same week they did the wisdom teeth. Those 2 cavities were the first time I ever went to the dentist office for anything other than a cleaning so I was sweating that shit hard, I couldn't imagine what those needles would feel like but it ended up not being too bad. The worst place for the needles is anywhere in the front, I had a pinhole cavity on the back of a side tooth (not the front 4 but the next one over) and they went in at an angle starting at one of the front 4 and it feels like the needle is in your nose, and the skin is so thin towards the front that it doesn't just go in smooth, it pops in. Nastiest sound/feeling ever.

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
Glenfiddich_man said:
Shogunn said:
You've never been to the dentist office have you?
talking to me? I've had many cavities done. Also my wisdom teeth out all at once.
Nah I'm talking to the guy who started the thread.

Yeh I had all my wisdom teeth out at once too, couldn't sleep the first night because I'd dose off and have to wake back up to spit out blood, I eventually starting swallowing it. Shit a ***** gotsta sleep.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
i hate the dentist too. i went for some fillings a few weeks ago and i had forgotten how much it sucks ass

i HATE the novacaine shot.. it only hurts a little bit, feels like a little pinch, but it is so gross when i see the dentists hand go further into my mouth as he presses the needle in farther.

and, while having your whole mouth numb is cool, it is so annoying afterwards. i would try to like close my teeth together, and find that i couldnt. look in the mirror, im like grinding on my tongue trying to close my teeth, god its so annoying and gross.

and i dont like the drilling much. i mean, you cant really feel it, but if they do it deep you get that weird sensation from the nerves or whatever

·
Registered
14,752 Posts
liscio said:
i hate the dentist too. i went for some fillings a few weeks ago and i had forgotten how much it sucks ass

i HATE the novacaine shot.. it only hurts a little bit, feels like a little pinch, but it is so gross when i see the dentists hand go further into my mouth as he presses the needle in farther.

and, while having your whole mouth numb is cool, it is so annoying afterwards. i would try to like close my teeth together, and find that i couldnt. look in the mirror, im like grinding on my tongue trying to close my teeth, god its so annoying and gross.

and i dont like the drilling much. i mean, you cant really feel it, but if they do it deep you get that weird sensation from the nerves or whatever

Yeh it feels weird being able to bite down on your lips as hard as you can without feeling anything. The thing I hate is my lips and a little bit of my face feeling puffed up and fat. That's how it feels afterwards when your mouth it still numb, you feel like you're gonna trip on your lower lip and at the same time it feels like your upper lip is going to cover up your nostrils and impede your breathing.

·
Registered
31 Posts
2 months ago i had 8 fillings :( 2 per session, no injections since i was afraid of it and bolted out of the room when they ask me want injection or not....

1 - 20 of 36 Posts