Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this racing section seems a bit dead so I might as well put up a story, even though this happened a few months ago. This was back before my h23a swap, when all I had was a stock f23a1, full exhaust swap, and a crappy Spectre CAI.

One night I was driving home and a black VW (I think mid to late 90's jetta?) pulled up next to me at a red light wanting to race. I had no idea what's been done to it and thought it would be an easy race, since I've never lost to a VW before. But when the light turned green, we both gave it all we've got and the VW was at least 3 car lengths ahead of me before I even reached 50. We decided to have another go from a 15 mph role and went for it again. On 3, I slammed on the gas and the VW just flew ahead of me with ease.

I was so embarassed when it happened since it was the first and only VW I lost to, and it completely destroyed me. But I have to admire that car; there's no way it was even near stock and wow it was quick!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
more than you can afford pal
Yeah I bet it was more than I could afford, not going to lie... I can't even afford a better ecu with college stealing all my money! haha

SYCOSYS said:
If you didn't hear a turbo it was probably a VR6 engine, I use to have a VW Gti with one and boy was it quick :)
I had my windows shut and the radio up, so unfortunately I didn't bother listening to the engine... :/ Looking back on it, I kind of wish I did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts