Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having detonation at top end..im thinking it maybe the fuel..probably not getting enough fuel into the motor but the car ran fine before with no detonation problems. and it jus started happening recently..i've noticed it started to happen after i've gotten a tune up..the spark plugs i used before were regular ngk's..i now have bosch platinums in there..you think spark plugs are the cause? im running rich and the cars operating temp is normal..i thought it could also be dirty fuel injectors so i baught one of those fuel additives thinkin it would help but the problem jus kept coming back. any hellp would be appreciated..thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
change the plugs...
platinum + turbo = bad

Get a step or two colder that stock NGK plugs. Napa should carry the right ones, can't think of the model # off the top of my head.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh by the way..do you guys recomend a type of spark plug? i know im supposed to get colder but which kind? I also think that this may be the reason why im not fully boosting..i've noticed that i havent been able to fully boost at 3k after i got this tune up..

·
Registered
419 Posts
Most likely will be the cause the go with the ngk 7s that is one stage colder. When your cars knock sensor sensed the detonation or knocking it would of been pulling out all the ignition timing so it would make it harder to spool up. This is one of the very basics we need a STICKY that tells people these things.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Stock Honda ECM's stop reading the knock sensor input after 4200RPMs if my memory serves.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts