Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
I didn't quiet catch which Eidos studio is making this game. But if Arkham Asylum is any indication of what we can expect, then DE ought to be a pretty good hands.

I have to admit a bias towards trailers and cutscenes from Japanese companies with Square-Enix and Konami being at the forefront of the list. This was another good one from the SE stable of developers.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Looks good, Reminds me of blade runner.
Did you play any of the previous games? I played the first one for a little bit. If I recall correctly Majestic 12 had a virus or bioweapon and you're an special agent trying to stop them.

I think this latest game is actually a prequal. I saw the date was 2027. I think the first game was in the middle of the century.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Did you play any of the previous games? I played the first one for a little bit. If I recall correctly Majestic 12 had a virus or bioweapon and you're an special agent trying to stop them.

I think this latest game is actually a prequal. I saw the date was 2027. I think the first game was in the middle of the century.
To be honest no, but it looks like my kinda bag, i love sci fi and things like that.
I need a game i can get my teeth into, i haven't played a role play in ages with a great story line.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Coming out tomorrow. I plan on getting a copy for the PS3. Anybody else buying it?:confused

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Can't decide if I want to or not. The story sounds cool.
Hey NegroD! Have you ever played any of the Mass Effect games? Deus Ex really reminds me of that series. The dialogue trees, BGM, graphic style of the characters and their enviroment, etc.

Mass Effect style with a Blade Runner story.

It's definitely dissimilar to other 3rd person games like Uncharted, Gears, etc.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
i got it, and i'm loving it so far.
What version do you have? I bought the game for my PS3. The one thing I dislike (and I'm going to assume it's the same on the 360) is the the wonky control scheme. It feel archaic to me.

I guess it reminds me of the time I had been playing a lot of CoD, Bad Company2, MoH, etc. and went back to give Half-Life 2 a try... HL2's controls felt super ackward. That's the same feeling I get from Deus Ex:HR.

But other then that, I do love how the game gives you options on how you can play it. Stealthy and sneaky, or guns a blazing!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Sounds interesting. I need to play Arkham Asylum again. I need to catch up on my games since I reset my system after that crash. My username and password was changed and Playstation cancelled both my original and what it kept showing up as on my PS3. So yeah, no free stuff for me.

·
Registered
13,558 Posts
What version do you have? I bought the game for my PS3. The one thing I dislike (and I'm going to assume it's the same on the 360) is the the wonky control scheme. It feel archaic to me.

I guess it reminds me of the time I had been playing a lot of CoD, Bad Company2, MoH, etc. and went back to give Half-Life 2 a try... HL2's controls felt super ackward. That's the same feeling I get from Deus Ex:HR.

But other then that, I do love how the game gives you options on how you can play it. Stealthy and sneaky, or guns a blazing!
i got the xbox version. and yeah, the controls do feel ackward compared to black ops.

right now i'm stuck (don't want to give away story), but, little ammo left, tons of bad guys, and no real way to sneak around. :mad

1 - 12 of 12 Posts