Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me just say the the Driving force pro wheel from Logitech FUCKING ROXORZ!!!!!!!1111oneoneone!1one11One!11!!

discuss:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i love it....i am glad i also only paid 105 for it and not 150...but i still would be happy if i paid 150

i kinda want mine to break cuz from what i understand logitech will just send u a new one and tell u to throw out teh old one...nwo if thats true i woudl still keep teh old one and hopefully it works still pretty nicely

·
Registered
405 Posts
hondapride59 said:
i love it....i am glad i also only paid 105 for it and not 150...but i still would be happy if i paid 150

i kinda want mine to break cuz from what i understand logitech will just send u a new one and tell u to throw out teh old one...nwo if thats true i woudl still keep teh old one and hopefully it works still pretty nicely
i beat you cause i bought mine for 80 :w00t

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
i'm not worried what i paid...no matter what i think 105 is better than 150...if i would have foudn it for 60 or 80 i would have gotten it but i dunno about u but mine was brand new not refurbished or used

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^then you didn't use it, come on everybody and their mom's boyfriend uses the stuff at best buy. Yes it is touchy, but it is PRECISE that way. It matches you move for move, no play whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Best wheel I ever used.

Has anybody mess with the settings for the wheel. I mean in the options menu. Has anybody tried different settings? Is there a different feel, when you change it? I put mines back in the box, don't have a setup up yet for it. It's hard to use with it being unstable.

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
gsrteg said:
Best wheel I ever used.

Has anybody mess with the settings for the wheel. I mean in the options menu. Has anybody tried different settings? Is there a different feel, when you change it? I put mines back in the box, don't have a setup up yet for it. It's hard to use with it being unstable.
You cant change any of the settings for the DFP. Its not like in GT3 where you could go thru and up to simulation. You can only do that for Non DPF wheels in GT4.
I guess they have it setup the way its meant to be.

Either way its the best wheel ever made. :tu

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
i just got done doing my AI liscence testing (yea i know, i bought it a few weeks late) and the final test is awesome with the nissan somethinorother, you get up to 234, but the damn wheel is jerking back and forth so hard my arms actually got tired by the end of the test :lol

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
njn63 said:
sorry, i was just saying i didn't like it. If something was THAT amazing, i would of walked away saying it was. Anytime i countersteered it spun the car basically and little corrections never worked. Maybe the wheel was beat, but there were 2 and they were both that way. Between the 3 of us, no one walked away saying it was better than the controller.
haha the wheel is better than the controller. I know many gran turismo players who are decent or pretty good with the controller but cant even do 1 lap with any wheel. :lol
Its very different and more difficult but it is the best way to play any racing game.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
NegroDamus said:
You cant change any of the settings for the DFP. Its not like in GT3 where you could go thru and up to simulation. You can only do that for Non DPF wheels in GT4.
I guess they have it setup the way its meant to be.

Either way its the best wheel ever made. :tu

ur extremely wrong buddy...maybe u should have tried

u can change the settings...if u go to simulation the wheel wont be jerky on straightaways and it is more realistic

·
Registered
13,249 Posts
hondapride59 said:

u can change the settings...if u go to simulation the wheel wont be jerky on straightaways and it is more realistic
I thought I went thru and checked all that shit. Ill look again.

My wheel is smooth and not jerky going down the striaghts. I drive the ring all the time with no problems with the wheel.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
hondapride59 said:

oh, so would this be the reason my the wheel feels like it is fighting against me sometimes :confused

·
Registered
6,058 Posts
njn63 said:
because it is more difficult it is better? I dunno about that.

I would of been happy with it if it just felt like Ferrari 355 Challenge. The force feedback is kinda gimicky/cheezy and annoying to be honest. Also, the shifter is lame (paddle shifting is alright but it shouldn't be that hard to press). The pedals should be metal and closer to the floor. Also, hinging from the bottom is not realistic unless you drive a ferrari enzo daily. I would say something about not having a clutch but gt4 doesn't support it. The steering wheel is tiny and you can tell by the feel it is made of plastic. The motor whined on the one i was using when i turned it fast also which annoyed the shit out of me (i hope they all don't do that).

Honestly, i'm kind of a all or nothing kind of person. The wheel is better than any wheel i've used, but far from a simulation quality wheel. Until there is a simulation quality wheel, i don't see the point of paying $100 and building a table and all that crap to have it at the correct height.

Don't take this in offense at all, if you're happy with it that's all that matters. I just am sick of hearing about how it's the end all greatest thing ever. I'm sure there will be wheels to come out in the future that will be better and hopefully someday they get to the point where i actually like them.
What's funny is you know absolutely nothing of what you are asking for.

If spending 100 bucks on this is too much, then don't even THINK THINK THINK (yes, think) of trying to BUY a wheel with all the features you want, because I'm telling you now, you can't afford it.

Nobody has said this is the "be all end all" wheel, however, it IS without a doubt, the best wheel available for any console. Not ONE comes close to it as far as quality.

Don't like the pedals? Buy some, they sell metal ones, but they cost nearly 200 bucks.

My point is, you don't even know what you are beginning to ask for. The forcefeedback in arcade machines etc costs much more than what a consumer based wheel would cost, which is exactly why it's in an arcade, and not a consumer product.

Go learn. Read. And proceed to educate others, but don't frown because you want perfection, when perfection cannot be attained.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
umm...sorry bro, but if you don't agree, then why are you posting? I mean I understand people liking drama, but damn homie.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.