Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wandering whats the difference between the VAFC and SAFC. I know the VAFC has a vtec controller and the SAFC doesn't is that the only difference. So my question does the VAFC have everything the SAFC has. Plus the vtec engaging points. Sorry for reposting one of the forum staff told me it can be found on the forum but I can't, so i posted her.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
straight off APexi:

V_AFC
A'PEX introduces the first digital fuel computer that combines fuel computer functions with a VTEC engagement controller. The V-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments. The range of fuel adjustment is +/- 50% at each of the user-defined setting points. The Fuel Adjustment function considers wide/narrow throttle and low/high camshaft settings, from which four different fuel maps are created (wide-low, wide-high, narrow-low, narrow-high). The integrated VTEC Controller adjusts the point at which the engine switches from the Lo to Hi cam during acceleration, as well as when the engine switches from the Hi to Lo cam during deceleration.

S_AFC
The second-generation S-AFC is a fuel computer that adjusts fuel/air ratio by modifying the air-flow meter/MAP sensor signal. The S-AFC features a user-definable, eight-point, adjustable fuel curve that can be set in 500 RPM increments. The range of fuel adjustment is +/- 50% at each of the user-defined setting points. On hot-wire vehicles, the Deceleration Air Flow Correction function is capable of curing the erratic idle and stall problems associated with open-atmosphere blow-off valves on hot-wire air-flow meter systems. The S-AFC is capable of monitoring and replaying the following data channels in Numerical, Analog Meter and Graph displays: Intake Manifold Vacuum/Boost Pressure, Air Flow Capacity, Intake Manifold Pressure, Karmann Frequency, Engine RPM, Throttle Position, and Air Flow Correction %

Basically what you said is right...the vafc geives the user more tuning options. VTEC X-over point, hi - lo cam options etc....whaen compared to the Safc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts