Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just woundering whats the difference in the models. Lx,Ex,Dx just so damn confusing. If you guys could help me out that would be great ;) All i know one is more expensive then the other i here not sure Lx or Dx has longer shifting but the EX has the vtech *shrug* i don't know.. =/
:sleep:
 

· Registered
Joined
·
889 Posts
welpz between those 3 (for 2000 modelz).. it ex lx then dx. ex being the most expensive. ex has power windowz, power door locks, moonroof standard cd player and it also has vtec. lx has power windows, power door locks, standard cd player and no vtec. lastly dx has power nothing, standard fm radio i believe, and no vtec.

and i think the lx and dx have a different intake manifold also.

oh yah and dx has black trim, that panel where the back license plate goes is black, and the side view mirror are also black.

ex has a map light too. :D

thatz as far as i know ;)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
Isnt the LX the 4 door model? The DX has almost power nothing so its a good candidate for engine swaps because its lighter. The EX has power everything. But hey, dont forget about the HX. Its pretty much the same as an EX but without the cruise or sunroof. Alot of people never heard of the HX. I havent until I bought one.:D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
Depends on which gen you're talking about. 5th gen civic has 1.3L, 1.5L and 1.6L. From memory

LX - 1.3L, sohc carbi, non color coded side mirrors, no techo.
DX (non-Vtec) - 1.5L, sohc carbi or F/I, color coded side mirrors, got techo.
DX (with Vtec) - 1.5L (tuned purely for econmy), sohc F/I, color coded side mirrors, got techo.
EX - 1.6L, sohc vtec (tuned for performance, well sorta), color coded side mirrors, got techo, higher redline.
Si - 1.6L, dohc vtec (also available is dohc non-vtec - ZC or D16a8) tuned for performance, color coded side mirrors, got techo, higher redline....

There are wheel size differences and exhausts as well but thats the mechanics of it...

Feel free to add or delete people. :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
ex lx then dx. ex being the most expensive. ex has power windowz, power door locks, moonroof standard cd player and it also has vtec. lx has power windows, power door locks, standard cd player and no vtec. lastly dx has power nothing, standard fm radio i believe, and no vtec.
Not all ex have cd players...I know many many people who bought an ex and it didn't come with a cd player, me being one of them. And I didn't think lx came with one either....
 

· Registered
Joined
·
624 Posts
I bought my 97 EX used from a Honda dealership, and it was Honda certified... it came with an effin' AM/FM RADIO! NO tape, NO CD!! It drove me crazy for close to a month, before I put a new headunit in :) But anyhow, I think all USED Hondas (Civics for that matter) get shafted in the stereo department. As for new ones, who knows...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,140 Posts
Tx3 said:
Depends on which gen you're talking about. 5th gen civic has 1.3L, 1.5L and 1.6L. From memory

LX - 1.3L, sohc carbi, non color coded side mirrors, no techo.
DX (non-Vtec) - 1.5L, sohc carbi or F/I, color coded side mirrors, got techo.
DX (with Vtec) - 1.5L (tuned purely for econmy), sohc F/I, color coded side mirrors, got techo.
EX - 1.6L, sohc vtec (tuned for performance, well sorta), color coded side mirrors, got techo, higher redline.
Si - 1.6L, dohc vtec (also available is dohc non-vtec - ZC or D16a8) tuned for performance, color coded side mirrors, got techo, higher redline....

There are wheel size differences and exhausts as well but thats the mechanics of it...

Feel free to add or delete people. :D
There was no 1.3 L in the 5th generation. And no carbs. You must be thinking of a different generation.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,336 Posts
Hybrid Fever said:


There was no 1.3 L in the 5th generation. And no carbs. You must be thinking of a different generation.
hes right, theres a 1.3L carb engine in a euro eg3 :) theres also a d14 engine for 5th gen civic :) nothing that we can or want to get so........... :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
There's only 1.5L on DX/LX (Same Engine) and 1.6L on the EX and SI... There are no other engines and definitely no carburated ones... oh yeah... and the LX is four door only and has black trim like the DX...

www.Racers-R-Us.com


----94 Civic DX----
Carbon Fiber Intake
Straight Back Piping
Hi-Flow Exhaust
Coilovers
Red Indiglo Gauges
Euro Clears
Red/Clear Tail Lights
600 Watt Sony Sound System

As of Last WEEK - BLOWN HEAD =(
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
racers-r-us.com said:
There's only 1.5L on DX/LX (Same Engine) and 1.6L on the EX and SI... There are no other engines and definitely no carburated ones... oh yeah... and the LX is four door only and has black trim like the DX...

www.Racers-R-Us.com


----94 Civic DX----
Carbon Fiber Intake
Straight Back Piping
Hi-Flow Exhaust
Coilovers
Red Indiglo Gauges
Euro Clears
Red/Clear Tail Lights
600 Watt Sony Sound System

As of Last WEEK - BLOWN HEAD =(
O.M.G! you're so clueless...why would i risk my name and post it up if it didn't exist!
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
Thanks LABlue! thought i had been warped back to the planet of the apes ...errr wait a minute that statue of Lincoln...that's not his face????:p
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,486 Posts
I know you guys need a mod for this forum, one who would guide you guys in the right direction and unfortunately there isn't any but as Staff of this board I have an obligation to help out whatever and whenever I could and can. Until mike_sho fixes this moderator issue we all have to survive the best we can. I know my civic thingies more than the average person and if i was made to reply and make up arguements about an issue which i am confident in, particularly in a forum which i visit on a partime basis, it makes me abit edgy if you know what i'm saying...I'm happy to help whenever i could...:)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,222 Posts
even though there already is a topic exactly like this (try the search thing) here's the difference for 96-00 civics:

cx: absolutely no options. no power steering or a/c either. no hub caps, unpainted plastic moldings, no power anything, no sunroof, etc. only available as a hatch. sohc non-vtec 106 hp.

dx: no power anything. some have a/c and power steering and some don't. not really much difference from cx. available as coupe, hatch, or sedan. sohc non-vtec 106 hp.

lx: power windows locks mirrors, other than that is like a dx. available as a sedan or coupe. sohc non-vtec 106 hp.

hx: basically an lx except for the sohc vtec-e engine, cvt (if auto) tranny, and 14" aluminum wheels. 115 hp.

ex: power windows locks mirrors sunroof, cruise control, painted moldings. 99 and 00 have a cd player. sohc vtec 127 hp.

si: ex + front lip and painted sideskirts, different gauge cluster (8K redline 145 mph), dash lights up amber (all other's light up white), diffrent shift knob, vtec stickers on the side. only model with electron blue.dohc vtec 160 hp.
 
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top