Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<<<<< Different in RSX intakes? >>>>>

I was looking at ebay there is a ton of intakes for the RSX in price range $10 to $250
All seem to be almost the same. After all it is just a pipe with a filter.
Any one know the difference or can make recommendations? Please explain the difference between the brands / of brands and models.
Any change in power / MPG bwn the different intakes?
Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
viptime said:
there is a ton of intakes for the RSX in price range $10 to $250
All seem to be almost the same. After all it is just a pipe with a filter.
yeah im sure but you pay for what you get, if you get sumthin for 10$ or sumthin 4 bout 150$ wats gonna last more but remember on ebay you gotta make sure dey dnt have da shippin n handling mad xpensive cuz das wat some ppl do

·
Registered
10 Posts
Intakes are just that, a filter on a stick. Most of the time, the cheap ebay intakes perform just as well as the AEM/Injen line (aside from the crap ass filters they come with), however the mounting bracket welds on the ebay intakes are prone to cracking, which allows unfiltered air into your engine. If possible, stick to the name brands, but if you're on a budget, just get an ebay intake and swap the filter out for a K&N.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
get aem or injen cold air intake i have a aem v2 intake which is a short ram thats longer but it sucked ass and had a lot of heat soak. cold airs are the best way to go in our cars.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
simple answer. do it right the first time and you won't have to do it again and again.

as for heat soak. think about it, you're sucking in air from under the hood as opposed to sucking in air from behind the bumper away from the motor. hot air = loss of power. and trust me, you'll feel the loss.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can't agree with fly racerx

I have the v2...i can't say that i've driven the car for an extended period of time at high rpm which would be the only situation i could think of that would make the heat soak strong enough to actually lose power...However i really don't see much difference in pulling in air from the front rather than under the hood...it only seems logical to me that any heat under the hood would heat both intake pipes equally...your right maybe sucking air from the front would keep the intake temp a couple of degrees cooler but ultimately i don't think it makes even a 1hp difference....it's not like the v2 made that much of a difference anyhow...And besides the stock airbox is under the hood as well the lower intake is pretty close to the front but it's still not far enough away from the engine...and i definitely didn't notice any loss of power from pushing the car. The v2 was the first mod for me ever...i have no mechanical aptitude whatsoever but i still managed to get the v2 in within 40 minutes (u can bash all u want on how long it took, i'm a noob to mechanics 101 so yeah for u). Personally i like the fact that with the v2 u don't have to relocate a thing. As far as the statement that there was a loss of power with the v2 i must say that i didn't notice any power loss whatsoever.It's a nice system and if you have the dough get it...don't let the haters who either don't have the cash or the will to buy something that expensive sway you from getting what you want. It's your car do what makes you happy as long as your not degrading it with cheazy ass 50$ e-bay parts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.