Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 95 sedan has a d15b7 engine. I have added (so far) an msd sport comp ignition module, msd blaster 7 coil, msd billet distibutor, msd 9.3 mm plug wires, aem ram air intake, dc 4-2-1 hedder, custom 3inch exhaust(cat and resonators removed), hks drag pipe. I know that the stock hp was roughly 102 with the additions i have made i hope to be somewhere near 125. But i'm not sure. Anyways i want to get as much power from this engine as i can. I would like some suggestions on what would be the best step to take next. Other than spray or forced induction. All suggestions are apprieciated.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
fast4door said:
my 95 sedan has a d15b7 engine. I have added (so far) an msd sport comp ignition module, msd blaster 7 coil, msd billet distibutor, msd 9.3 mm plug wires, aem ram air intake, dc 4-2-1 hedder, custom 3inch exhaust(cat and resonators removed), hks drag pipe. I know that the stock hp was roughly 102 with the additions i have made i hope to be somewhere near 125. But i'm not sure. Anyways i want to get as much power from this engine as i can. I would like some suggestions on what would be the best step to take next. Other than spray or forced induction. All suggestions are apprieciated.
I hate to burst your bubble, but with the stock hp level @102, I'd be impressed if you were up to 110. The typical bolt-ons, intake, header, exhaust are generally only good for maybe 10hp. Unfortunately since you have a 3" exhaust on a 1.5L engine, you most likely lost power with that modification. In your particular application, a 2" exhaust would have been plenty.

You are somewhat limited by the d15b7. There are 2 major modifications that you can do. The 1st is a mini-me. Please use the search feature and forum stickies to find more info on this. The second is to get a z6 transmission from a 92-95 ex/si. Those are the 2 biggest bangs for the buck. Add a cam, and a little tuning on an uberdata chipped p28 ecu and you will have a fun little car.

Some of the other recommendations like headwork, porting, etc are all great recommendations in an all out build. However with the 1.5L bottom end, I don't think that you will see the gains that you would hope for.

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Also, most of your ignition stuff, well, the only thing it did was spend your money. The stock ignition is plenty for WAY more power than could ever be extracted out of that engine.

How about a mini me, a nice cam, a GOOD clutch, swap to an ex tranny, and then go from there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.