Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the deal. I have about 3000 dollars. I just got my car out of the shop after I almost fuckin totaled my baby. I want to treat her to something special. right now she's bone stock. I was thinking a b16 with an auto to manny conversion. With labor that that will run me about 3500 including labor right? The only problem is due to my location there are no imports shops any where near me that can do this kind of work. My second option was a turbo, but I would have to build up my lower end first...correct? A turbo I MIGHT be able to do myself with enough research. Oh...By the way I have a 97 DX auto. Any help would be appreciated and please dont flame me about having an auto...my car was a graduation gift. And don't tell me to sell it.

· Registered
3,020 Posts
I would reccomend a nice turbo kit. With the money you have now I wouldnt reccomend building the bottom end, because afterwards you wont have enough money left over for the actual turbo. With an intercooler+wastegate+blowoff vavle+etc... and some nicce fuel/spark/ECU upgrades you will get some decent times and be doing it safe.
http://www.optauto.com <-- Decent setups

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.