Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Which set of rims (comes with tires)?

• 18" Tenzo-R RS5 in Gunmetal (Cast - Machined, Polished Deep-dish Lip)

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • 18" 5Zigen 5ZR Copse in Hyper Black (Cast/Spun Deep-dish Lip)

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • 18" 5Zigen 5zR Copse in Matte Black (Cast/Spun Deep-dish Lip)

Votes: 7 30.4%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dilemma: Which Set of Rims?

I'm in a dilemma here! as most of you SHO members would know, my car was stolen not too long ago. But a little more than a week later, I acquired my car back. Rims, headunit, amps, subs, lil mischellaneous interior stuff were stolen, exterior messed up, which includes my front, sides and back bodykit (Estimated loss: a little over 2k).

I am once again in the market for a set of rims for my daily-driving/looks-aspect NightRider™ KITT Car. orginally, i had 18" Tenzo-R RS5's in Gunmetal (machined lip was purchased for $1200) as you can see in my signature and pictured below. But now I can get this really good deal on either a set of 18" 5Zigen 5ZR Copse in Hyper Black or in Matte Black (Matte Black is a unique color, I have never seen this on any car...its suppose to be $200 more than the Hyper Black but since I got this deal the price for either set is $1400 out the door. The RS5s and 5ZRs are very similar in comparison. One is lighter and casted while the other is a little heavier and casted/spun (respectively). Which one should I go for? By the way, I can still get my hands on the same Tenzo's for $1099. All of the listed rims come with 205/35/18 Tires. Remember my car is black so any would look nice (IMO). I will also be changing the exterior color to either Gunmetallic w/a hint of Blue pearl or the I.S. Gunmetal. Below are the pics; I have also posted a poll so giving me your feedback would be easier. Thanks a lot everyone.

Original/Stolen Rims

18" Tenzo-R RS5 in Gunmetal w/a Machined/Polished, deep-dish Lip

Left: Hyper Black ---- Right: Unique, one-of-a-kind Matte Black

18" 5Zigen 5ZR Copse in Hyper Black & Matte Black, deep-dish Lip

As mentioned, the Tenzo's and 5Zigen's are very much alike. There are only subtle differences...

Thanks in advance for voting in the poll and giving me feedback!

0ne[nightrider-gsR]

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
i like the originals the best. plus they probably wont be stolen cuz that prick that took your first ones already has a set.:p

·
Registered
252 Posts
Nice Teg

Go with what you had. I like those. Your car looks sweet man. What body kit is that? Bomex?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im surprised that most of you that voted picked the original rims. I agree...I prefer the polished deep-dish over the full gunmetal rims and matte black 5Zigen offers. However, my sources for the Tenzo-R's are gone and I can no longer acquire it for $1099...

Maybe the following pictures below will help identify the best rim of choice:

Tenzo-R RS5 Gunmetal

5Zigen 5ZR Hyper Black (here it appears to have a polished lip)

Matte Black 5ZR's (see picture above)

Im torn between the Hyper Black and Matte Black...

·
Registered
526 Posts
If you cannot get the Tenzo's, I'd say get the 5ZR in Hyper Black. Those would look good on your car. BTW, all those rims...they have somewhat of a lip on them...but I would not say that they are "deep dish". I don't think that a Honda/Acura can truly run a set of real deep dish rims, they could just have a lip on them.

·
Registered
657 Posts
hyper black copses

i luv the 5zigen copses my fav rim off all time but to $$$$ for me

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
themi6group said:
look, you can get mine and still have money left over huh? lol
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63922
thanks for the offer...but i need 18's for ground clearance purposes,... u see, i still want that slammed look (no wheel gap, a lil bit of tires tucked in) but still be able to go up driveways and speedbumps.

AS for EVERYONE:

i really appreciate all the input... but ive made my decision on sunday and i am getting the Matte Black... im going for a different look this time.... black on black theme, plus my boy purchased the 18" Hyper black ones... dont want to have the same rims like him..... anyways, ill post pictures and keep you guys updated with my car, thats if you guys would like to know whats going on. so as of now, just waiting for the lil goodies i bought for my car and waiting on the new set of rims.... once again thanks!!!

0ne[nightrider-gsR]

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
SloCivic808 said:
If you cannot get the Tenzo's, I'd say get the 5ZR in Hyper Black. Those would look good on your car. BTW, all those rims...they have somewhat of a lip on them...but I would not say that they are "deep dish". I don't think that a Honda/Acura can truly run a set of real deep dish rims, they could just have a lip on them.
yeah i agree... but just look at how deep the lip goes in on the tenzo's... its similar to the 5zigens..

Tenzo-R RS5 Gunmetal

·
Registered
896 Posts
NightRider-gsR said:

i really appreciate all the input... but ive made my decision on sunday and i am getting the Matte Black... im going for a different look this time.... black on black theme,
:(

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dug said:
its cool if you dont support my decision... you'll see it wont be so bad once i put up the pics...

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
igo4bmx said:
buy the tenzo's and if you hate the color later...
spray paint :D
i had the tenzos... they were stolen... im going for a different look this time... and plus spray painting isnt the same as having 5Zigen produce the rims that way... plus, its the only set ever made :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'd go for the ones you had originally. 17" are good, but I guess from what Ive heard, for speed, maybe 16". I know someone w/ those that you had and are thinking about getting.

Wanna buy my 17" Enkei 10-spokes? JP...yes, they are the ones everyone and their girlfriend has. I guess 5-zigen. Just my2

But, Gunmetal looks real sleeper on a blcak ride, so I'd go with that. :cool:

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
why don't the hyperblack's look black?

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
anfrey said:
why don't the hyperblack's look black?
Hyper Black is 5Zigen's color for Gunmetal. Don't know the reason why they named it that way...beats me...

Well I already bought the 18" 5Zigen in Matte Black, im just waiting for it to get shipped to my door :D ---anyone know where I can get a set of Lug Nuts/Locks for a very decent price? I prefer gunmetal ones---i know Ebay sells lug nuts, but none of them appeal to me.

0ne[nightrider-gsR]

·
Registered
896 Posts
NightRider-gsR said:
its cool if you dont support my decision... you'll see it wont be so bad once i put up the pics...
I just like cars that have a nice clean look, such as the way it does in your sig... black wheels on any car just doesn't look right, like something's missing (such as hubcaps off steelies)... IMO anyways...

as long as you like them it' straight :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts