Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
401 Posts
and yes..dp is over kill for a freakin 50 shot..they may visually be impressd by your dp setup...but when they see you running a 15 sec pass with your single cam with a 50 shot dp kit they are going to realize that you arnt for real
First - I DISPISE NOT DOING THINGS RIGHT. Second - POSERS ARE RICERS. A DRY kit and a WET kit are just that - Not doing it right and POSING. You simply CAN'T put someone down for DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY. The RIGHT WAY is a DIRECT PORT KIT - REGUARDLESS OF INJECTION SIZE. I HATE Any thing but a DP kit. It shows your LACK OF COMMITMENT to what your doing and the fact that you would rather - JUST GET BY - instead of DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY. Maybe you *LIKE* Rebuilding your motor. Think about how much money YOU COULD HAVE -SAVED- If you had spent the extra $150-200 to upgrade your kit to a DP kit and NOT HAD TO REBUILD or REPAIR ANYTHING.

you're not going to have a problem under 100 shot..you arnt really dumping enough fuel for it to be an issue
Lets see here - at LEAST 3/4's of the people out there complaining about popping thier motors are spraying LESS THAN 100 HP of spray. So YEAH - IT is DUMPING THE FUEL and YEAH THERE IS A PROBLEM.
..the aproblems you're talking about are with large shots and older style nozzles.
NOS and MOST CURRENT STYLE NOZZLES have been the SAME for at LEAST the last ten to twenty years. How old are you talking about? There have been some newer styles like NOS's soft plume. Those DO NOT SPRAY at a 90 degree angle like the ones that come with your WET and DRY kits. Most are not even applicable for a SINGLE POINT INJECTION.
I do agree with the uneven distribution..which is why I mentioned it...but properly setup you wont have a problem...if wet kits are as bad as you say..why is it that so many people use wet kits very successfully? Why do full blown race cars use wet kits?.
I am not saying people don't use them successfully. But like you say time and again - if you install it like so - you will have a long run with it. You give it an expectancy date with the install. Why not install it and FORGET ABOUT IT? The RELIABILITY IS THERE WITH A DP KIT. No length of WORRY.
I am not sure what your idea of 'FULL BLOWN' Is when it comes to a RACE CAR. I know that most people that are SERIOUS ENOUGH to have SPENT THE MONEY to PLAY WITH THE BIG BOYS - Ain't WASTING Thier time OR MONEY on a SINGLE POINT KIT. So please - BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT FULL BLOWN RACE CARS - CHOOSE YOUR WORDS - VERY - CAREFULLY.

I agree a dp kit is safer long term and with large shots. But with small shots liek we are dealing with here the reliablility factor of a wet or even a dry kit is good.
If it is 'safer' then WHY ARE YOU ARGUING? The FACT is (and you can hook up 4 widebands to monitor your exhaust STREAMS coming from each cylinder to verify this) Distribution on a single point wet AND dry kit is so horrible that the AFR can go up and down PER CYLINDER and not even be the same as the ones next to it. at the same moment. A TESTAMENT to how ACCURATE those style of kits are. For what it matters - change the size of the "SHOT" all you want. It does it reguardless. Why do you think they run the fuel size real fat? to try to compensate for this.
You sound liek the people who only liek wet or dp kits and hate dry kits because they "blow motors"...the only thing that blows the motor is bad tuning and bad driving..
I have BLOWN ALOT OF MONEY on DRY and WET kits. They ARE A WASTE OF MONEY. That is the reason THEY DON'T GET USED ON REAL RACE CARS. I have wasted alot of GOOD SETUPS because of faulty distribution on either or. The only way to go is and has been direct port.

dry ktis are safe if installed and ued properly...wet kits are safe if installed and used properly..dp kits are safe if installed and used properly. but its obvious you only read the first 2 sentences of my last post anyway so I'm wasting my breath because your second paragraph restated what I had already said
No, I stopped reading after I read the first OVERKILL in your statement. Nothing in RACING or in a performance venue can be OVERKILL or TOO SAFE. In most cases it is just WAY MORE than YOU would do. Again we go back to the you will do just enough to - get by -. I would rather say I went the EXTRA MILE and made sure it wasn't going to be an issue. But there in lies the diffference between me and you, I care enough to do it right the first time and not half a** it like alot of other people. Both of those styles of nitrous kits are FLAWED OUT OF THE BOX. It's like using a condom you know has a hole in it. Why would you?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
festiva, why are you arguing?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
and no, its not liek using a condom with a hole.

fucking let it rest

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
First - I DISPISE NOT DOING THINGS RIGHT. Second - POSERS ARE RICERS. A DRY kit and a WET kit are just that - Not doing it right and POSING. You simply CAN'T put someone down for DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY. The RIGHT WAY is a DIRECT PORT KIT - REGUARDLESS OF INJECTION SIZE. I HATE Any thing but a DP kit. It shows your LACK OF COMMITMENT to what your doing and the fact that you would rather - JUST GET BY - instead of DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY. Maybe you *LIKE* Rebuilding your motor. Think about how much money YOU COULD HAVE -SAVED- If you had spent the extra $150-200 to upgrade your kit to a DP kit and NOT HAD TO REBUILD or REPAIR ANYTHING.

Lets see here - at LEAST 3/4's of the people out there complaining about popping thier motors are spraying LESS THAN 100 HP of spray. So YEAH - IT is DUMPING THE FUEL and YEAH THERE IS A PROBLEM.

NOS and MOST CURRENT STYLE NOZZLES have been the SAME for at LEAST the last ten to twenty years. How old are you talking about? There have been some newer styles like NOS's soft plume. Those DO NOT SPRAY at a 90 degree angle like the ones that come with your WET and DRY kits. Most are not even applicable for a SINGLE POINT INJECTION.

I am not saying people don't use them successfully. But like you say time and again - if you install it like so - you will have a long run with it. You give it an expectancy date with the install. Why not install it and FORGET ABOUT IT? The RELIABILITY IS THERE WITH A DP KIT. No length of WORRY.
I am not sure what your idea of 'FULL BLOWN' Is when it comes to a RACE CAR. I know that most people that are SERIOUS ENOUGH to have SPENT THE MONEY to PLAY WITH THE BIG BOYS - Ain't WASTING Thier time OR MONEY on a SINGLE POINT KIT. So please - BEFORE YOU TALK ABOUT FULL BLOWN RACE CARS - CHOOSE YOUR WORDS - VERY - CAREFULLY.

If it is 'safer' then WHY ARE YOU ARGUING? The FACT is (and you can hook up 4 widebands to monitor your exhaust STREAMS coming from each cylinder to verify this) Distribution on a single point wet AND dry kit is so horrible that the AFR can go up and down PER CYLINDER and not even be the same as the ones next to it. at the same moment. A TESTAMENT to how ACCURATE those style of kits are. For what it matters - change the size of the "SHOT" all you want. It does it reguardless. Why do you think they run the fuel size real fat? to try to compensate for this.

I have BLOWN ALOT OF MONEY on DRY and WET kits. They ARE A WASTE OF MONEY. That is the reason THEY DON'T GET USED ON REAL RACE CARS. I have wasted alot of GOOD SETUPS because of faulty distribution on either or. The only way to go is and has been direct port.

No, I stopped reading after I read the first OVERKILL in your statement. Nothing in RACING or in a performance venue can be OVERKILL or TOO SAFE. In most cases it is just WAY MORE than YOU would do. Again we go back to the you will do just enough to - get by -. I would rather say I went the EXTRA MILE and made sure it wasn't going to be an issue. But there in lies the diffference between me and you, I care enough to do it right the first time and not half a** it like alot of other people. Both of those styles of nitrous kits are FLAWED OUT OF THE BOX. It's like using a condom you know has a hole in it. Why would you?

if its doing it wrong..why does it work for so many? Never had to rebuild a motor from the fault of a nitrous kit. Nice try there big guy..10 years and counting. Lack of commitment..Thats why I have a car on a trailer that runs in tip top shape without any problems..Oh..maybe because I do do it right. There is a means to an end.>You hate non-dp kits..doesnt mean your way is the only right way.

SO people who are popping their motors while using a direct port kit..whos fault is that? blame the driver...wet or dry kit..blame the kit..I see your logic here.

try picking up a catalog..they changed about 8 years ago.

wait..a dp kit is install and forget and the rest arnt? I dunno about you..but Id ont have any recurring maintaince on an of the kits I have run or any of the kits I have installed for people.

ok..full blown..how about cars that were running every race of the old idrc, BOTI, and nhra series? how aboutzex's single cam crx they ran with a wet kit? Maybe professional should have been my phrase.

distributuion is better ..i never argued that..but thats doesnt automatically mean you're going to be picking little pieces of your motor out of the oil pan because of uneven distibution..and jsut because you have even distribution doesnt mean you wont be. And I will say it again. Running a small shot on a direct port is a waste.

You have wasted money of wet and dry kits.>So basically..you're saying you didnt know what you were doing?

so you stopped reading and restated the same points I made. You obviosuly think I don't knwo what I'm talking about. I think you're very mistaken..but I still read your entire post to see where you are coming from and properly reply to it instead of half assing my post like you did.

So let me get this straight. SOmeone gets to the same point as you. They havent rebuit a motor just like you havent...They used a tried and true method that has been succcessful for 50 years. It jsut took them less time to set it up and that means the did it half ass. Wow. Thats hilarious. So based upon that logic...because some people on this site took say a b18c..and others took an ls/vtec...but the ls/vtec has been rumored to be unreliable because a handful of people that didnt know what they were doing blew theirs up..then the ls/vtec people half assed their setup.

SO go ahead..go the extra mile by putting your 50 shot direct port on your car and impress the looky-loo's..cause in the end your car is going to run jsut the same as the guy who spent the couple hours less installing his wet kit.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
im going to ingest n2o and piss in my gas tank, then you motherfuckers will loose to my triple wet kit

haters!! :lmao j/k

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
So basically..we're going to have to agree to disagree..

/discussion
/thread

Reactions: mattliston
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.