Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after much thought I've decided to keep my car and do an engine swap. Hopefully, by the end of the year I'll have a B18c in my Sol. Soon after that I wanna get nitrous installed. From what I've read online (and here) everyone recommends the NOS brand Direct port system. I'm really concerned about the longevity of the engine, so I'm only going to spray at most a 65 shot (while on stock internals) What is a good price for the system? what else do I need to purchase? Thanks for the replies

· Registered
4,608 Posts
i really do believe that if you are smart when it comes to using nitrous oxide your car will run as long as if it was stock.... well maybe not that long but long enough. 65 shots for direct port is kinda weak because normally 80 shots is the minimum. as far as price is concerned around 500. along with the nitrous kit, you would want purge valve kit, EGT and air/fuel gauge. assuming that you have other components like FPR and stuff~~ good luck

just curious.. why direct port? for 65 shots i would go with dry or just a single wet. direct port is a bitch to install

· Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I was under the impression that direct port was the safest way to go. Also at first I just want to spray like a 65 shot. Maybe a year or so later (when I can afford to have the motor built) I'd spray higher. Basically I just want the safest system. Thanx for the reply

· Registered
1,366 Posts
if you go with the B18C1 motor then you could use the NOS DP kit for the GSR dual-stage IM. it fits inbetween the stock 2 piece IM and is pretty easy to install. it comes with 75/100/125 jets and 75 shot is about the lowest DP shot you'll find anywhere. works very well, but i'd suggest the proper fuel and ignition upgrades also so you get peak performance and the motor lasts long.

there's no bending of lines such as in the standard DP kits.

later

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.