Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have the mods listed in my sig, which include a v-afc so I can control my fuel map. If I replace my plugs and maybe get a ignition box, will I be fine running a 60 shot or so through direct port (nitrous express probably)? I have about 92,000 miles on my engine, but everything is maintenanced and running good.

And with the v-afc, I should just enrich the fuel about 2-3 points more points when running nitrous ?

Side note: I've heard the v-afc will cause a retard in timing a degree or two when you enrich the fuel (well the ecu will retard based on additional fuel) so if I run a 60 shot, then the enriched fuel will take care of both running lean and retarding a degree or so... or am I off?

If all this is cool, then what plugs and ignition system should I think about getting?

And I'm guessing a 60 shot would be worth about half a second or so off my quarter ideally?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
leave the afc settings alone. a 60 shot can be ran bone stock w/ just some colder plugs. most direct port kits start at 80shot

·
Registered
445 Posts
u only need to do serious preparation when u running a high shot 60 shot on a stock motor is fine like bonestock94 stated just get spark plugs if your worried extra insruance retard you timing 1 degree and you be good....leave the vafc settin along until u get on the dyno.....

the best way to know if the egine is running really well is to do a compression test.......b4 you start squeezing

60 shot affects everycar different but .5 a sec sounds right.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
allmotor... i noticed your mods are very similar to mine (aftermarket clutch, 8.8 flywheel, exhaust, etc)... hows the 80 doing on your 94? and how many miles do you have? Does the NX require any drilling or don't I just plug and play pretty much with the system?

I want to run decent amount if I get the kit... I just don't know how much my engine will take. I will do a compression test first though and make sure everything is fine.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
rdline87ta94gsr said:
allmotor... i noticed your mods are very similar to mine (aftermarket clutch, 8.8 flywheel, exhaust, etc)... hows the 80 doing on your 94? and how many miles do you have? Does the NX require any drilling or don't I just plug and play pretty much with the system?

I want to run decent amount if I get the kit... I just don't know how much my engine will take. I will do a compression test first though and make sure everything is fine.
all motor..i have a aftermarket clutch plus a exaust also.:eek:

rdline87ta94gsr..if you engine is running fine and dandy then just run it man. the NX kit is just a basic wet system or did u get the DP system?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the NX kit is just a basic wet system or did u get the DP system?
Well I'm looking at a direct port NX system complete from someone who bought a kit and never used (credable source on SHO actually), except for a purge kit (which Im thinking of getting regardless).

I know I'm asking a lot of beginner questions, but I've never dealt with nitrous before and what to make sure I'm doing it right. Im assuming the NX direct port will bolt right up to my injector fittings and wire right up with little or no drilling. I can also run about 75 on my stock motor assuming compression is fine?

I've built 350's with 500 hp and such before and Im still asking these questions about nitrous... go figure...

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
the way your car should be run with the vafc is , tune the car NA wqith the vafc and then dont touch it again .
you tune the nitrous with the fuel and nitrous jets.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
rdline87ta94gsr said:

I've built 350's with 500 hp and such before and Im still asking these questions about nitrous... go figure...
you can never know too much man. keep learnin:D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thats why im here... nitrous sounds like a great time and worth the money but I want to make sure im doing the right thing before I end up blowing everything up

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
rdline87ta94gsr said:
thats why im here... nitrous sounds like a great time and worth the money but I want to make sure im doing the right thing before I end up blowing everything up
u have a aol instant messenger?

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
w/ a DP kit you will have to drill into your runners.

unless your talking about the new NX fuel rail kit that injects through the fuel rail.

·
Registered
445 Posts
the way your car should be run with the vafc is , tune the car NA wqith the vafc and then dont touch it again . you tune the nitrous with the fuel and nitrous jets.
i didn't know that ......i guess i learned another thing..........

1 - 14 of 14 Posts