Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right,, well,, I want to get some cooler brakes.. like cross drilled and slotted.. anywho,, I am prety muchly getting them b/c they look cool,,, but will they actually stop better than the stock ones? Im going to get the powerstop ones,, nothing big like AEM or somthing expensive,,, just the disc brakes.. so whats up?

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
i'd get cross drilled or slotted rotors...those are a lil bit more but will last longer than disc brake pads

·
Registered
182 Posts
if u want some cooler brakes..take the rear disc brakes of an si..now that would be pimp $hit

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
if you swap then get brakes as well. its good to go fast but better to be able to stop.

·
Registered
365 Posts
With just cross drilled or slotted you wont gain much of a noticable braking change because all the holes/slots are said to do is to help de-gas the pads under repeated hard braking when the pads are hot. But unless your really really running your car hard you shouldn't see much of a gain just on the rotors. Now most people will tell you that you have to get a good pad to go with the rotor that will resist getting tore up by the rotors (which would happen with factory pads). It's usually this pad that will help with your stopping distance and pedal feel. check out www.ebcbrakes.com for thier range of pads. For street use, the "green stuff" would probally work real good. There are other brands out there that are just as good though.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I'd get a slotted rotor with some EBC green stuff brake pads.

EBC makes the best brakes out there for performance enthusiasts like us.

A slotted rotor on a daily driver is actually better because a cross drilled and slotted rotor cannot take as much punishment. I've seen some cracked cross drilled rotors. The holes cut into the metal decrease the strength of the rotor and with the fatigue cycles that brakes/rotors go through...not good. But the odds of any of us cracking a cross drilled rotor is slim so it may still be worth it.

I have just EBC green stuff with stock rotors and you can definately feel a difference.

Also, don't forget, never change a rotor and a brake pad at the same time and start driving. The rotor needs to have a build up of the brake material before it can be driven right away.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Rear discs

I changed my rear drums to discs. Braking dynamic changed after that, it was easiler to oversteer, because my rears lockup easier.

Try to by north american made cross-drilled/slotted rotors, more durable than jap ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts