Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BurntRubber87 said:
What year DC2? if its a '94-'95 no..if its a 96+..yes.
What OBD would the 96+ be? I just bought my 96 civic not too long and it came with a B18C PowerFC unit. I am not sure which dizzy is on it now. But I would like to have one in the event it fails. Any way to tell if the current dizzy is OBD1 or 2?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Garyc17 said:
What OBD would the 96+ be? I just bought my 96 civic not too long and it came with a B18C PowerFC unit. I am not sure which dizzy is on it now. But I would like to have one in the event it fails. Any way to tell if the current dizzy is OBD1 or 2?
I'm guessing its OBD2 if its 96+

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
Garyc17 said:
Am I right to say that all 95+ civic and tegs are OBD2?
no.
96 and newer = obd2

not sure if the obd2a and obd2b were carried over to integra's or not. but as a rule of thumb, i would stay with whatever you have. if the vin is on the engine, you could look that up on carfax and find out what year, then get a corresponding one.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
let me rephrase this...

first, what engine is in the car? b18c1? b18b? b16a? what code is stamped on the block...

next, what is the sticker on the ECU? you may have to remove the passenger side kick-panel to see it... it will have a bunch of numbers and letters, a dash, then a sequence of 3 numbers/letters, another dash, then some more numbers and letters... tell us what that code is, then we know what ecu you're using.

power fc, i'm not sure if it requires obd 1 conversion or not... anyone?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got a B18c5 block. But the previous owner says the distributor has been swapped but he is unsure what distributor. Either a civic B-series dizzy or a ITR dizzy. Anyway to tell or are they the same thing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.