Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i know people have made them before but i made one for my friend w/ piping i was going to use for my chargepipes.. he got a hyandai but it sounds decent w/ the intake haha..

used a U bend and a 45.. 3/8 barbed fitting for valve cover breather, homedepot couplers.. heres some pics of it installed..

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MDH65 said:
Not bad at all. Is the tubing you used the same size as the factory intake? Looks a little small.

piping is 2.5" mandrel bends.. the throttle boddy looks bigger but it just has thick walls on it.. the inside diamter is the same size as the pipe..

also it looks small because ther eis SO much room there.. but yea the stock shit was like the same size except it was plastic/ shitty bends.. 3" mite work better but i just had this piping from my charge piping i was gonna make.. so i wanted to get rid of it.. he have me 20 bucksfor the 2 bends.. so its cool.. also i dont really know how his car felt before..

but now w/ the intake the power band seems alot nicer.. specially 4-6k

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shaolin_style said:
Thats more like a hot air intake....notice hoe the filter sits right next to the radiator and even worse header...

well i wanted to put another 90 and tuck the filter under the battery but he said that was fine.. it only took like 20 mins to do and it looks clean and sounds nice.. also its no where near the header? i donno what ur tlakin about.. it is near the rad tho.. but think about it.;. where do short ram intakes go on hondas? right behind the rad.. also his stock airbox was behind the battery and all that other tubing stuff whas where the intake sits now..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.