Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anything out there so that you can install some kind of cruise control system onto a car with no cruise. Does anybody know if they sell cruise kits or anything because it doesn't seem like it would be a hard thing. Just something to hold the throttle at a constant position right? that's what I'm thinkingn it is.

·
Registered
447 Posts
it would be much more dificult that that because if u hit a hill and dont push the gas down more you are gona slow down bad. You would need some way of monitoring your rpm and having your gass pedal move to keep the rpm constant

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was reading at howstuffworks.com and it was talking about adaptive cruise and regular cruise and that adaptive shit is smart and monitors everything so that there's no speed lost while going up a hill or whatever but this is ghetto cruise control anyway you know and it's just needed for here in alberta and shit the road is so straight here it doesn't matter

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
smoothessence said:
I was reading at howstuffworks.com and it was talking about adaptive cruise and regular cruise and that adaptive shit is smart and monitors everything so that there's no speed lost while going up a hill or whatever but this is ghetto cruise control anyway you know and it's just needed for here in alberta and shit the road is so straight here it doesn't matter
adaptive is what the new lexus suv has. it hsd sensors in front to to asjust to the speed of the cars ahrad of you

·
Registered
5,616 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
save yourself a few bucks, and get a brick or a 2 x 4. just set it on the peddle. brick works as the ghetto shit, or the 2 x 4 you can very the peddle using your hands...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts