Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I know it's an old thread but if you are doing this on Accords or Preludes (F or H engines), one pound kit will be slightly more than enough for front, rear and the transmission mount.
I just did this last night and it's looking pretty good :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
thinking about removing my black energy suspension inserts and doing the windo-weld instead. is there much difference between the two? supposedly the black inserts are softer than the red or maybe they just vibrate less bc they have graphite in them? dunno where i got that but it sounds like it might be true. anyways, how much do i need? i've got an 03 rsx and am doing just the two mounts that the inserts are in now.

thanks,
James

·
Registered
39 Posts
Looks pretty nice! I just did pretty close to the same in my del sol about a week ago...i used 3M Window weld tho, i think it helped quite a bit, inside vibrates a little at idle thats about it. Yours turned out a little better looking than mine tho :p
That's exactly what I did and I LOVE it, cheap and easy :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have tried one of the polyurethane resin from CESTEL. It is amazing. You can get from 20 shore A to 95 shore A product. I tried 40 and 60 shore A get some auto parts. They called this type of product RTV urethane rubber. The products are elastic, durable. There is no schrinkage in the casted parts.
Usually 30 and 45 shore A are used in concrete mold casting
The company have many products types like RTV silicone and Urethane plastic. As usual RTV silicone are used mostly for molding and urethane plastic are used for prototype, scuplture, hobby staff and other applications.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Cestel have two types polyurea, pure and hybrid. Pure polyurea does not have any polyurethane bond in the coating. Since amine and isocyanate reaction is fast, there is no need any catalyst addition into the formulation. Catalyst addition creates some drawbacks in polyurea application. Polyurea is not affected from the air moistures. However, if there is catalyst in the formulation, it will be sensitive to air moisture. If there is catalyst in polyurea formulation, during the polyurea application there will be more bubbles and pinholes in coated surfaces. Hybrid polyurea have polyurethane bond in coated film. The reaction between polyol and isocyanate may not be fast enough for spraying. Therefore the amount of alcohol group is important in hybrid polyurea. If the alcohol group increases, the amount of catalyst will be increased in the formulation. This makes hybrid polyurea more sensitive to the moisture in air. Cestel hybrid polyurea formulation is optimized to the less alcohol . Therefore there is no catalyst in our polyurea formulation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
One of the most balanced reasons why you should go for ceramic coating for your vehicle rather than vehicle waxing is that ceramic coating gives you 10x preferable assurance over vehicle wax. Moreover, the ceramic coating has a fluid polymer that revels with the vehicle paint to furnish your vehicle with exceptional and long-lasting shine.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts