Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
bigjoe53 said:
yeah whats up with those apexi filters they run like $140 thats crazy..

and thanks for the info. so i can use the 600 grit and prime it right..
i suppose so...just make sure it's scuffed up real well so that the paint will stick.

and also, where di you see the filters for $140? I have found them for like $80 each.

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
FYI: that picture is over 3 years old. so it's whole different story on pricings.
Any how, cleaning the fliter:
Run it under HOT HOT water, and dry out good. :) and re-oil if the instruction says so.

why can't you people just do the way I did and not go through all these trouble? :ahh
a can of spray don't run you over $5 at most, and plus, you want to use plenty of paint like I did so your paint doesn't peel off :ahh

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
bigjoe53 said:
ok last time..

mad should i just use steel wool brillo pads?

or willy should i use the 120 grit sand paper?

i want to do this diy this weekend so i can take pics and show it you you guys....

basically it won't matter as long as it's scuffed up real good. Make sure that it no longer shines and the paint should adhere just fine. now do it!

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
bigjoe53 said:
aiight i'm gonna do it this sunday and take pics....i'm gonna let it sit in my garage for 2 days then slap it back on the car and take some more pics...and and excuse the dirty engine bay...lol :hehe
:btu

I will have more DIY's here soon, very soon.
be sure to check out my other one if you ever get a v1 :)

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I have AEM v2.... Would you recommend to spray over with a heat resitant paint?? I know they're already treated, but if i were to spary it would that further reduce the heat under the hood???

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
EA_D17A2 said:
I have AEM v2.... Would you recommend to spray over with a heat resitant paint?? I know they're already treated, but if i were to spary it would that further reduce the heat under the hood???
first of all, you won't notice any difference. Second, you will devalue the intake. You;ll never be able to sell it if you do that.

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
EA_D17A2 said:
my feed back.

This whole DIY was to make a replica of AEM intakes.

so, don't do it.

if you want to reduce further heat problems, get a heat shield. :)
where? search, don't ask me.

·
Registered
622 Posts
bigjoe53 said:
can i use the bbq high temp krylon paint?

On what?

If you want to paint your intake thingy you can do it with normal paint, same goes for the valve cover, everybody is allways saying you need to paint it with heat resistant paint, but i've got mine done with normal paint and it's been on for more then a year now and still looks perfect... :D

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
ed9b16a1 said:
but i've got mine done with normal paint and it's been on for more then a year now and still looks perfect... :D
not to bash on you, but this DIY purpose is for what now? I didn't say to dress up the engine bay...

and 90Si, good call, i think you gotta learn how to post in l337 skillz more ya fool :hug

so, post pics if you would please :)

·
Registered
622 Posts
i know, was only trying to say u dont need hightemp stuff for it...

41 - 60 of 89 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.