Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
and i have a request that i am surprised NO one has requested - i've done searches and haven't seen anything on this in this entire forum....

a how-to for a b16a or b18c swap into a civic.... this seems to be the most common swap, yet scouring the internet, i can't find any real how-to pages. i see a lot of how to's on the wiring problem with VTEC, but not much in the way of the step-by-step process...

i mean a complete how to, with steps and all.... (ex. step 1 -remove wheels, step 2 - remove brakes/axles, whatever.... i don't know).

pictures would be a help to. i would think if you guys could get that up, you would be an internet force in the swap arena.

even the hybrid forum has NOTHING on this. blows my mind.

most of the tuners that sell swap kits have little to no information, or real half-assed information. some just have fitment charts.

if anyone can even find a link to a definitive how-to (even hondaswap was a joke, and hybrid honda was a joke too - and these are supposed to be reference sites).

if you find anything, please let me know. at this rate i'm going to have to have a shop do the swap because i can't find any information on this thing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
does anyone have a diy for puting in an aftermarket head unit
i also want to take off my ewntire console
center, the right side with the glove compartment
and aroung the stering wheel
to paint it and add interior neons

i have an 04 civic ex manual 4door

thanks

also what is the best stuff to use foir painting the plastic console
thanks again

·
Registered
143 Posts
TedM said:
does anyone have a diy for puting in an aftermarket head unit
i also want to take off my ewntire console
center, the right side with the glove compartment
and aroung the stering wheel
to paint it and add interior neons

i have an 04 civic ex manual 4door

thanks

also what is the best stuff to use foir painting the plastic console
thanks again
my advice is to order the radio install kit from crutchfield (its like 5 bucks)... its basically the harness you need anyway for an aftermarket installation, PLUS they send you step-by-step instructions how to do it yourself. the instructions are very good and with pictures.

I bought my head unit from the cheapest place i could find on froogle, then ordered the wiring harness from crutchfield, and got the instructions free.

highly recommend :)

·
Registered
719 Posts
This is a great idea, I am at the T-I site so often because they have such good articles on different projects. If you need some general DIY's i.e. Header install, suspension, distributor and rotor, AEM V2, radiator, exhaust, and headlight pictorials, hit me up. I took pictures of most of the upgrades I did on my GSR and I am more than happy to put something together for members.

·
Registered
40 Posts
block notching

i have searched the forum but found nothing on notching a block for aftermarket rods. so i need a DIY ON HOW TO NOTCH A B18A BLOCK FOR AFTERMARKET RODS pictures with step by step is what im looking for! any help will be appreciated!

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
header swap

just received some 4-2-1 headers in the mail for my 93 del sol Si(D16Z6)..
there are pictures of it if u click my sig and its on the 3rd page, and see everything that it came with. (3 bolts, 3 nuts, and 1 gasket type thing for the 2-1 pipe attachment.) can i use the factory screws to put on the new headers after i take off the old ones? will i need to replace the heat shield? will i need to raise my car to put them in? it says there are 2 02 sensors, one is optional., i found them both on the headers, but they have non-removable screw-type fixtures on them..how do i utilize factory sensors with this? everybody says this is easy, but i'm so lost and i don't wanna go to a shop to get them installed. my friend works at a lube place. :confused

hey this is nifty, i just learned how to make pics. so here goes:
:number1

·
Registered
113 Posts
DYI-Request: how to install an aftermarket catback/exhaust system on 94-97 Accord...

·
Registered
670 Posts
DIY Trunk Pop module for Python alarm system? Hmm, what about automatic silent arming every time? Usually I have to press the AUX button, then the arming button to silent arm/disarm.

5th Gen Accord LX Coupe, dunno which Python model # yet... I'll have to do some research. Where would this thing be placed in the car anyway?

21 - 40 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.