Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Hey, does anyone know how to make DIY angel eyes? i remember one of my friends talking about makin em, it has something to do with aluminum foil, some stuff u can buy from walmart, and putting it in an oven for a while... i guess if no one knows, ill talk to him and post up a diy.

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
det414 said:
Hey, does anyone know how to make DIY angel eyes? i remember one of my friends talking about makin em, it has something to do with aluminum foil, some stuff u can buy from walmart, and putting it in an oven for a while... i guess if no one knows, ill talk to him and post up a diy.
google is your frekin friend. damnit.

THE VERY ORIGINAL DIY I SAW 5 YEARS AGO
http://www.geocities.com/jvxdriver/eagle_eyes.htm
and others are replicas.

http://vamp.darkravers.net/DIYMakingAngelEyes.cfm

here is something "differe't then the angel eye
them El Lights or what ever..

http://www.elantraxd.com/DIY/angeleyes.php
http://www.newtiburon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2422

·
Registered
23 Posts
Removing Interior Plastic

Hey guys this is my first project and I am going to paint my interior plastic pieces a gloss black. My car theme is white and black and white I believe would get dirty too easy. Anyways, I see all the DIY's on this job, but I still really dont know how to remove the pieces. Any help would be nice thanks! I drive a 95 honda prelude S.

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
Ballinfrogs said:
Hey guys this is my first project and I am going to paint my interior plastic pieces a gloss black. My car theme is white and black and white I believe would get dirty too easy. Anyways, I see all the DIY's on this job, but I still really dont know how to remove the pieces. Any help would be nice thanks! I drive a 95 honda prelude S.
are you trying to paint the whole dash/side pannels/center counsole??

I will find how to remove this stuff later but basically..

all the tools you'll ever need to remove them are flat/+ head screw drivers.

simple task if you ask me.

• side pannel: is only held on by couple of screws and clips. first, there should be screws on the side pocket, behind door handle, and under the armrest/side pocket[for CR-V's atleast]. after removing all the screws, pop out the side mirror cover[the little triangle piece] and pop out the side pannel. careful as the wire harnesses for windows and side mirrors are attached. just slide in the flat head screw driver on the edges/trims and lift.

• dash: remove all coin tray's and ash tray's. and remove all the nacessary screws. the air vents on the sides should pop out by using the flat head screw driver.

• center console: same as above, remove all the holders and tray's and screws, only held on by screws and clips. remove shift knob as well.

careful not to leave nick's on the edge of the plastic pieces, if you have dull butter knife, that's be great to use.

·
Registered
17,396 Posts
scyked said:
anyone have a diy of how to install sidemarkers on an ek? and how to wire it up so that they turn on only when you turn on ur signals?
dxmannn from d-serise.org said:
http://www.d-series.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3346

The size of the hole that I cut out was 3 1/4 X 1. Make your cut outs a little smaller than this and open it up till you get a snug fit. The trailing edge of the light has a small cut out that a small flat tip screw driver can be incerted into to press clip in to remove it. I made sure that the bottom of the cut out was parallel with the top edge of the bodyside molding cut out. I covered the area with 2 layers of duct tape made a template to draw out the hole on the tape then used a razer to cut out the tape. I used a dremil tool with some heavy duty cut off blades to cut through fender. Remember cut small then open it up. Touch up the edges with touch up paint. This hole was my final measurement, I started about a 1/16" smaller.

http://home.comcast.net/~mkjeld76/sipics/CTRMarker1.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~mkjeld76/sipics/CTRMarker2.jpg
Good Luck and take your time.

Now to wire the lights up.

1. Loosen the inner fenderwell, remove front bumper and headlights. This will give you plenty of room to make your wiring connections.

2. Get 2 3' lengths of 22 awg wire and put a female spade connector on one end of each wire. This is what will plug into back of sidemarker.

3. Use T-taps for the ground and the corner signal. I recommend cutting, soldering, heat shrink and covering with wire loom.

JDM Note: If your going for the true JDM route, you must tap into the corner signal light only. The parking light is to be disconnected from the corner lamp and routed to the street lights in the JDM headlight if you have them.

The best place to make your connections are just behind the turn signal/parking light plug on each side.

Right side (drivers side): one wire to the green/yellow wire, the other to the black wire.

Left side: one wire to the green/red wire, the other to the black wire.

Turn on the turn signals with the parking lights on and verify that the sidemarker illuminates only when signaling. Repeat the install for the other side.
there you go. use google next time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
DIY: Acura Integra 93 Front Bumper Removal

I am having trouble getting the bumper off without removing the lights, but I can't get the lights out without removing the bumper... Has anyone removed there front bumper on the integra 93 before and how did you do it?

·
Registered
795 Posts
alright the plan i had was to paint my megan racing strut bars because they're pink but, now i'm like i should paint my spark plug cover thing too(H22) then i find the DIY on painting an intake so i'm like why not mine has alot of scratches on it. so i have a couple of questions before i do it all.

should i primer the spark plug cover or just paint it with hight temp. paint?
should i use high temp. paint on the strut bars or does it really matter?
which grit of sand paper should i use to get all of the paint off everything or should i just use steel wool?
and how much paint should i get? i have short ram intake, front and rear strut bars and the spark plug cover that i am going to paint. thanks

EDIT i went and looked for some paint but i couldn't find the red paint that i wanted in heat treated so, i'm not going to paint the strut bar and spark plug cover. i'm just going to paint my polished intake with the black stuff like the DIY that gave me the idea to paint it. i don't know i might paint the strut bar black too just because it's pink.

·
Registered
23 Posts
DIY Interion Neon

Alright guys ive hooked it up to my car battery before, but its really annoying cause the neon stays on.. What I want is to be able to turn it on and off...can anyone give me a DIY on that, and if they do tell me to splice the wires to the headlight or sumthing, can they tell me the exact wires and what not, thanx! I drive a 95 Prelude.

·
Registered
28 Posts
integra rebar alignment

hey wuts up guys, just wondering if anyone knows how to realign the rear rebar on an integra 2d 95.

I was at a stop light, and the girl behind me decided to accelerate before I could and slammed into me...I thought the bumper had fallen off, but luckily no scratchs or anything just a slight gap on the side. The garage said they just need to realign the bumper, cost around 150. Just wanted to know if I could do it myself, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Ballinfrogs said:
Alright guys ive hooked it up to my car battery before, but its really annoying cause the neon stays on.. What I want is to be able to turn it on and off...can anyone give me a DIY on that, and if they do tell me to splice the wires to the headlight or sumthing, can they tell me the exact wires and what not, thanx! I drive a 95 Prelude.
Why dont you add a seperate switch to turn it on and off?????????????

41 - 60 of 98 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.