Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys what's up, my buddy has just gave me two dizzy's for free. He said that he doesn't know what they go to. So i was wondering how i could get my obd-0 dizzy to obd-1. The two are obd-1 because i plugged it into my buddies car and it's a 1995. So the motor i am using is a b18-a1 i am converting it to obd-1. I have a obd-0 dizzy which is all their and the two obd-1 are not all their so is their anyway to switch parts. Another question is, are their differances between vtec and non-vtec and how can i tell what the differance's are. Thanks alot, later

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm not too knowledeable on the conversion aspect of it... but a non-vtec & vtec distributor mounts are clocked differently. A non-vtec distributor will only fit on a vtec head if you hack off one of the legs.

There should also be a sticker on there (hopefully it's still on there) that has an alphanumeric number on it. Match this number to aftermarket manufacturers of distributors to see what application it is for. I.e. Distributor King

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey so i found out they are vtec dizzies so what could i do. How many of the holes don't line up, could i maybe make a bracket until i get the right one. Do they both work the same, the only differance i heard of was that the vtec can handle higher rpm's. If it is could i make a speacial bracket, Thanks later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.