Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ps2 online dnas error

here goes my problem. when i tried playing madden 2005 online it gave me the DNAS ERROR 881. i have the ethernet cable that's connected to the ps2 connected to my linksys router model #WRK54G. afterwards i go to my desktop computer and an error pops up on the bottom saying "ip address conflict". i called scea to see if they can help me solve this problem. they told me to run a test using the setup cd that came with the network adaptor, but still got the error. so they told me to send my ps2 console and the network adaptor to sony so they can run test on it to see what's wrong with it. i don't want to do that because it'll be at least a couple of weeks untill i get back the system. i heard that some ps2's won't work with the adaptor, but i'm pretty sure mine will work because it's a version 5 ps2 and not version 1.

what should i do????????

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
Did you try running directly from modem to ps2? You might need to reconfigure your router to properly run with the ps2 and computer possibly. I haven't heard of any ps2's not being able to connect using the network adaptor. I have the first version of the ps2 and not a problem playing online games at all. (I'm thinking there's a conflict in your router settings)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diana said:
Did you try running directly from modem to ps2? You might need to reconfigure your router to properly run with the ps2 and computer possibly. I haven't heard of any ps2's not being able to connect using the network adaptor. I have the first version of the ps2 and not a problem playing online games at all. (I'm thinking there's a conflict in your router settings)

i don't have any ports for me to connect through the modem. how are you connected through?

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
luckylou07 said:
i don't have any ports for me to connect through the modem. how are you connected through?
You have your cable modem which then you plug in a ethernet cable to it and then plug that into your network adaptor in your ps2? Have you tried it that way yet? (not going through the router, just a direct connection between modem and ps2)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diana said:
You have your cable modem which then you plug in a ethernet cable to it and then plug that into your network adaptor in your ps2? Have you tried it that way yet? (not going through the router, just a direct connection between modem and ps2)
I did that and it gave me "connection timed out" and another erroy "failed to connect to isp"

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
Okay, I did a quick search online to see what the DNAS Error 881 is this is what I found out:

- DNAS Error 811 is PS2 hardware incompatibility.

A couple of questions you need to answer for me to figure out what could be the problem:

- Are you using DSL/Cable/Dial Up internet connection?
- Is your network adaptor an official PS2 one?
- Are the games you are trying legit copies? Or burned ones? (this could be a major factor)
- Is your PS2 modded (mod chip)?

If there are no problems with the ones above you might need to call the technical support for your router to open up new ports to be compatible with the online gaming.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diana said:
Okay, I did a quick search online to see what the DNAS Error 881 is this is what I found out:

- DNAS Error 811 is PS2 hardware incompatibility.

A couple of questions you need to answer for me to figure out what could be the problem:

- Are you using DSL/Cable/Dial Up internet connection?
- Is your network adaptor an official PS2 one?
- Are the games you are trying legit copies? Or burned ones? (this could be a major factor)
- Is your PS2 modded (mod chip)?

If there are no problems with the ones above you might need to call the technical support for your router to open up new ports to be compatible with the online gaming.
cable- roadrunner
yes
no for the other 3.

I was thinking of calling by isp to see if the numbers I'm putting in are correct. Is that the problem or is it the router not letting me getting connection because of some security thing?

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
luckylou07 said:
cable- roadrunner
yes
no for the other 3.

I was thinking of calling by isp to see if the numbers I'm putting in are correct. Is that the problem or is it the router not letting me getting connection because of some security thing?

Have you tried other games then Madden? Seems like you might have to send your ps2 to Sony (you have to call them) and they will send you a new PS2 that is compatible with Madden.

edit: SCEA Consumer Services at 1-866-466-5333, or 1-800-345-7669 between the hours of 6:00am - 7:00pm (Pacific Standard Time) to receive a replacement Playstation®2 Console.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Diana said:
Have you tried other games then Madden? Seems like you might have to send your ps2 to Sony (you have to call them) and they will send you a new PS2 that is compatible with Madden.

edit: SCEA Consumer Services at 1-866-466-5333, or 1-800-345-7669 between the hours of 6:00am - 7:00pm (Pacific Standard Time) to receive a replacement Playstation®2 Console.
madden is the only online game I have. I already called the number and they told me to send it in. I'm trying to avoid that because I think it takes 3-5 weeks for me to get it back.

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
You might just have to send it into Sony to get fixed. OR you can try reconfiguring your router! Here are some easy to follow steps, maybe this'll help.

Setting up Road Runner with Linksys Router

edit: maybe try renting a different online game such as Socom 2...to see if that works.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Diana said:
You might just have to send it into Sony to get fixed. OR you can try reconfiguring your router! Here are some easy to follow steps, maybe this'll help.

Setting up Road Runner with Linksys Router

edit: maybe try renting a different online game such as Socom 2...to see if that works.
thanks for your help. i think i just might rent socom 2 or a game that i can play online.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts