Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
a 2001 is not the same as the newer hondas that don't require maint until 100k. the newer k-series motors have distributorless ignitions. less moving parts means less maintenance. your 2001 still needs to have a tuneup done at regular intervals. refer to your maint schedule in the owners manual.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UltraMagneticAL said:
a 2001 is not the same as the newer hondas that don't require maint until 100k. the newer k-series motors have distributorless ignitions. less moving parts means less maintenance. your 2001 still needs to have a tuneup done at regular intervals. refer to your maint schedule in the owners manual.
i did and it said dont replace plugs until 100k? tranny fluid until 100k as well but i found that to be strange

·
Registered
579 Posts
that is some weird shit bro.....I myself have an 01 and my manual mentioned nothing like that. I can attest the valves will be perfectly fine for 100K but its in your best interest to go ahead and take car of the car properly right now so it will take care of you when the high miles start adding up. I guarantee if you were to take the care to a shop they would be able to find something to do to it :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts