Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey... I am new to the board... I have a 98 civic EX and am looking at getting some springs... I plan to drop about 2.0" will I need a camber kit for both the front and back??? thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
with a 2" drop, youre gonna need a camber kit, and good aftermarket shocks or yours are gonna blow out after a few thousand miles.

1.5 is the cutoff for camber and shocks i believe. i dunno. i run eibach pro-kit, its a nice 1.5" drop all around, and i have no problems with either. add some strut bars and anti-sways, and dude... youre gonna have an amazing handling car. and thats what it's all about. driving. slammed down looks nice in the magazines, but go for function. 1.5-1.75... you wont regret it a few months down the road. and for gods sake... dont go out and get some cheap "coil-overs," spend your cash on some good shocks and springs instead. or if you have mad cash... true coil-over suspension.

mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.