• It needs a new door

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It can be repaired w/o getting a new door

Votes: 4 100.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my sister was at the mall yesterday when she came back and saw 3 dents on her rear door, she saw red paint on it and there was a red truck parked next to her wit the fools still inside

she asked them and they said they didnt see anyone do it, then my sis just told them look it from your truck, then they opened their door and the dents lined up perfectly and some red paint was still on her car
she got their insurance info and all, pricks :mad:

MY QUESTION is Will the car need a new door or can they fix it?

Cause from the looks of it the crease, body line, is dented and theres are 3 other fairly large dents on the car, cant really tell if the paint is gone or not, its smooth but might just be rubbed on silver paint??

I would think that they cant repair it, especially if the crease is on the body line, but my sis and some other peeps seem to think it would probably be repairable

heres a pic

what do you guys think?

· Registered
248 Posts
uuuhhhmmm.....wheres the dent again?

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
undecided59 said:
uuuhhhmmm.....wheres the dent again?
can u not see them in the pic?

i tried to get a good visible pic, buts its kinda hard since the car is black

too see them better look at the reflection of the apartment complex on the car

on the fence theres a bulge, thats one dent
if u follow the roof line and then it kinda gets off line, thats another dent
then if u look at the expansion joint on the cement, black line, and u see a break in it, thats another dent

looks like the guys door swung out hard and dented the car in multiple places, he had to have swung out the door damn hard to bend it like that :mad:

· Registered
476 Posts
if you're going to report it to insurance... you need not fix it.

i think you could take off the door panel and hammer out the dents from the inside... not sure

as for the paint... you could rub it off, rub really hard. there is always touch up paint if it chips. =)

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
davie said:
if you're going to report it to insurance... you need not fix it.

i think you could take off the door panel and hammer out the dents from the inside... not sure

as for the paint... you could rub it off, rub really hard. there is always touch up paint if it chips. =)
since the other persons insurance is covering it, we're getting it fixed properly, no ghetto shit
i once tried to take out a small dent on her front fender with the end of a broomstick :rolleyes: a couple years ago, i ended up leaving lots of lil dents all around it from the other side :eek:

i was thinking about paintless dent removal and some GS27 scratch remover to take off the others cars paint that rubbed on, but since ithe adjuster is coming monday, and ts not our fault and their insurance is going to cover it, i didnt bother

· Registered
278 Posts
p.s there is nothing ghetto about paintless dent removal i had it done and couldnt believe how perfect they did it . you with a broomstick now thats ghetto!! the less you paint a car the better off you are. a common misconception with people is new is a better repair and some times that is not true you want to keep as much of the original sheet metal and original paint as possible.

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i wasnt saying paintless dent removal was ghetto, i was saying beating it out urself from the back is ghetto, like i did

and i just went out there agian trying to take better pics, but its too dark out now, and upon further inspection i noticed the lower dent had the paint scraped off all the way to the metal, the other ones are close but i think its just rubbed off paint

so i dont think paintless dent removal is going to work now that the paint is taken out

also, does paintless dent removal work well in taking out dents in body lines, will it be perfect afterwards, cause its hard to get the crease bak how it was

· Registered
158 Posts
Funny how you posted this, HIREN, because I went to a paintless dent repair place today. I got two dings and an 8" long crease in each of my doors taken out. All for $125.:cool: Now my car looks like new again, but dirty:(. I was asking the owner whether he could take out dents in body creases, and he said that it depended on the size. He did a really good job, he's I-Car certified too. His shop is right next to Howdy Honda.

his website: www.thedentcompany.com

· Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
wow, what a coincidence
Thanks Chris

i might get mine and my dads cars done there, we both just have one dent each, but they really bug me

if my sis doenst want a new door, standing out from the rest of the faded and swirled black paint then she might look into this!

it seems like howdy honda has a bunch of nice shops in that block of stores next to them
they got my tint at the shade shop there, and they also have a place that does leather seats

· Registered
25 Posts
paintless dent removal!!!! if your located in southern california there's this guy, called the metal magician and he can pull out ugly deep dents. as for your dents, i can hardly see them.. i say you find a guy like the metal magician and get them taken out.. hmm it costs somewhere from $50-75 for a dent as big as a grapefruit and a couple little ones.. as for the paint.. just get your car buffed a couple times..:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.