Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm very happy with mine. They are very effective at raising the soundstage since my components are in kick panels. And you can't beat that price!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
k67p67 said:
I'm very happy with mine. They are very effective at raising the soundstage since my components are in kick panels. And you can't beat that price!
How do they hook up? How does it control the volume of those tweets and not the other ones, if they just plug into the crossover?

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
yup..they plug into the xover. it has its own attenuator to adjust..doesn't affect the other tweeter

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
k67p67 will probably have more info on each of the set. PM him or something.

·
Registered
739 Posts
GSteg is correct. The CDT IES tweets have an attenuator between the x-over and the tweeters. When CDT originally rolled out the promotion in August, they only offered the TW-19S/LP or TW-19T/LP models. Now it appears they are offering four models:
TW-19S/LP (.75" silk dome)
TW-19T/LP (.75" titanium dome)
TW-25S/LP (1" silk dome)
TW-25T/LP (1" titanium dome) [SOLD OUT]

I would go with the 1" models if I had a choice. The titanium dome are brighter. The silk dome are smoother and might handle slightly less power (don't quote me on that). Show me comparable tweeters for $50. Not gonna happen. These are a bargain.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts